• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California Rule

Troll Daddy

The good news is that MLB finally seems to recognize we need to do something to make the sport more interesting to the masses. Games are taking too long and there isn't enough action. But the bad news is the solutions so far will all either have minimal impact or are just bad ideas. If we're going to actually address the problem, pace-of-play adjustments like limiting mound visits and limiting time between pitches will help to an extent. But in an extreme strikeout era, games are always going to take forever and involve a heap of strikeouts which aren't all that interesting for casual observers. Doing something to reduce the number of strikeouts, creating more balls in play and fewer deep counts, is the obvious path forward in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

The only thing in sports that I love more than baseball is free baseball. Why limit that? 

I think there's a discussion to be had about games that go 15+ innings and the effect it has on a teams pitching staff. Maybe introducing the runner on second after something like the 12th inning (just throwing a number out there) could help shorten one of these excessively long extra inning games to the benefit of all. I dunno, just a thought that came to me.

32 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think there's a discussion to be had about games that go 15+ innings and the effect it has on a teams pitching staff. Maybe introducing the runner on second after something like the 12th inning (just throwing a number out there) could help shorten one of these excessively long extra inning games to the benefit of all. I dunno, just a thought that came to me.

The longer the game, the more epic. Every moment counts.