• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Speculation: CJ Wilson to retire?

KevinJ14

CJ Wilson officially retired 2017 -- back-dated to 2015.

He's got his money now he can play with race cars.......

sort of surprised he is just walking away -- he's a F/A so don't the Halos have to make him an offer of some sort or offer arbitration.....do something in order to avoid what happened when Roger Clemens 'retired' and then un-retired to sign a half season (may have been a two month) contract to pitch for another team the next year....... (was it the Yankees or Houston Astros, can't remember now, think it was the Yankees). I could see CJ Wilson playing race cars for a couple of months, get bored and then re-sign with Texas to pitch two months.........I mean, not that it makes a big whup to us right now but I recall the team (I think it was the Yankees) missing out on draft pick compensation for the other team (Houston?) signing Clemens -- I know the MLBPA agreement has changed since then so maybe the same rules don't apply anymore.

Did CJ Wilson actually say he retired from baseball though?  I saw all the stuff about him moving to Fresno, buying a dealership, and competing this year on some Porsche circuit.  But what is to say he isn't just taking an extra year to pursue other interests.  Maybe he tries to make an MLB comeback in 2018 and tries to become the next Rich Hill at 37?  An extra year of rest for his glass arm couldn't hurt.