• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the upcoming Angels season?

Chuck

Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the upcoming 2017 season?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Vote below!

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Sign Wieters and it definitely will be better.

I'm thinking we won't. We've gone the direction we chose, trading away Bandy for two years of Maldonado. It might have been different if we could have known that Wieters would still be around in February. But now, the die is cast. We've improved that position for the short term. We have other pressing needs, now, like RP.

It's Feb. 2, soon to be Feb. 3. I'm always optimistic in early February.

If four or five key Angels employees don't suddenly come up lame before the end of May, that optimism will carry through the summer and maybe into postseason.

Sunlight is piercing the dark clouds of winter. The unsightly piles of blackened plowed snow from the Great Northwest Blizzard of a month ago have all melted away. Having lived for weeks in a thick lined hoody, I felt overdressed today wearing my light Angels windbreaker during a walk in the woods. It's the fresh feeling of optimism.

And I haven't yet heard that Albert's foot has had a relapse during recovery. I'm optimistic that such a relapse won't occur.

Welcome Maybin. Welcome Valbuena. Welcome Espinosa. Welcome Revere and Maldonado. You're all on my provisional All-Star ballot. (Trout, naturally, is always on that ballot.) Welcome new guys on the pitching staff. You're all newer than whoever it was you have replaced. I hear that you are better, too. That makes me optimistic.

The Winds of Winter are past. I have A Dream of Spring. And Jon Snow. And Dany.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don't think he's going to command a lot. Arte has the money. Why not just a 3-year deal? or two-year deal with an option?

It will be interesting to see what he ends up signing for.   I find it difficult to believe the entire league has punted on him so it may just be a Boras situation.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I honestly don't know why we haven't signed him yet.

He's a better defensive catcher than Perez and a much better hitter. Wieters and Maldonado would be a great tandem at C.

is he though? 

in any case, i'd be fine if they signed him to something very reasonable. other than that, i'd prefer pitching.

Optimistic. I am a big believer that for most teams, their success in any given year is dependent on getting a few breaks. There are exceptions - the Cubs and Red Sox will clearly be good this year, and the Twins will suck. But most other teams can expect to win between 75-85 games. If things break right, we could be on the upper end of that range and find ourselves in contention to the end.

I'm optimistic that they'll be solidly better then last year.  I think we'll be in the mix come September which will at least make for an entertaining season.  I've always thought that '18 and '19 are when we'll know whether Eppler has been successful in steering the club clear of disaster....and of equal importance, whether Arte is legit about spending money still.  We have to be in on a significant arm for the rotation at the very least next off season. Anyway, if we aren't seriously competing for the division next year I will be very concerned about the Angels being an even decent team over the next 5 or 6 years.  Also if it goes bad and turns out that we suck over the next 2 seasons.  That probably fucks us with Trout.  Anyway, basically I'm expecting a fun team to root for, but my expectations are pretty tempered.  Still willing to give the front office another year to build a contender.

Edited by UndertheHalo