• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels sign Bud Norris

Second Base

45 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think Norris, Campos, Lamb, Paredes and Middleton are going to seriously augment the bullpen this year. I'd prefer someone more steady, a more guaranteed option. But breakout candidates will work just fine. 

There's a ton of velocity right there.

I'm pretty happy with the pitching depth. I still think they're going to bring in at least one MLB-caliber reliever, but that may be about it. Maybe another ST invite or two. I'm not expecting anything major aside from that. Think all of this depth was intentional, with the goal of getting all of these guys a legit chance in the pen or rotation so he can find a couple diamonds in the rough. 

We're better off giving innings this year to Morin, Guerra, Ramirez, Pounders, Lamb, Banuelos, Smith, Campos and seeing if any of them have anything to show for long-term benefit over anyone who's left to sign.

Very curious to see what this team looks like this time next year. We really have a lot of depth from a whole assortment of angles for Billy to work with throughout the year.

What caused Norris to tank with the Dogs?   Was the newly found cutter something he eventually lost the grip on? 

He was 3-2 with an ERA around 4.25 (in LA) when he hurt his back and was placed on the DL.    Chances are the back injury was still having some impact on him because he got lit up pretty hard from that point on after being recalled

He was 3-2 with an ERA around 4.25 (in LA) when he hurt his back and was placed on the DL.    Chances are the back injury was still having some impact on him because he got lit up pretty hard from that point on after being recalled

If the back problems are history, Norris could prove to be a solid addition. 

Much smaller scale, but it's kind of like the Halos signing Vlad at a reduced price after 2003, following his back issues that season with the Expos.