• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

World Baseball Classic USA roster

Troll Daddy

The confirmed roster so far:
Pitchers
Chris Archer, RHP
Mychal Givens, RHP
Luke Gregerson, RHP
Andrew Miller, LHP
Marcus Stroman, RHP

Position players
Nolan Arenado, 3B
Brandon Crawford, SS
Paul Goldschmidt, 1B
Eric Hosmer, 1B
Adam Jones, CF
Ian Kinsler, 2B
Jonathan Lucroy, C
Andrew McCutchen, OF
Daniel Murphy, 2B/DH
Buster Posey, C
Christian Yelich, LF
Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Max Scherzer was on the provisional roster, but on Monday, the Nationals announced that the right-handed ace will not be on the team because of a stress fracture in the knuckle of his right ring finger. Price, Kershaw, and Bumgarner are possibles.

Trout? :(

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

The confirmed roster so far:
Pitchers
Chris Archer, RHP
Mychal Givens, RHP
Luke Gregerson, RHP
Andrew Miller, LHP
Marcus Stroman, RHP

Position players
Nolan Arenado, 3B
Brandon Crawford, SS
Paul Goldschmidt, 1B
Eric Hosmer, 1B
Adam Jones, CF
Ian Kinsler, 2B
Jonathan Lucroy, C
Andrew McCutchen, OF
Daniel Murphy, 2B/DH
Buster Posey, C
Christian Yelich, LF
Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Max Scherzer was on the provisional roster, but on Monday, the Nationals announced that the right-handed ace will not be on the team because of a stress fracture in the knuckle of his right ring finger. Price, Kershaw, and Bumgarner are possibles.

Trout? :(

No worries, Trout is saving all his energy for MLB's made for TV 'Trout vs Harper' 2017 Home Run Derby. 

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Seriously, who gives a damn if Trout isn't on this team?  I hope he isn't.  Zero interest in this farce of a competition.

Why is it a farce?  Because it isn't MLB?  I loved watching it and the quality of play was pretty great.  IF there is any reason it is a farce it is because not all of the great players are playing.  

The WBC helps promote the game internationally. I would actually prefer that the owners and players work this into a mid-season event and ditch that lame All Star Game. It would be great to have games in several parks for a couple of weeks and designate a park for a championship game like a Super Bowl or a World Cup. I would pay to see Trout and Harper playing side by side for the USA.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Hey, wait a minute.

If MLB continues to promote the WBC, baseball becomes popular world-wide, MLB expands to other countries and foreign born players begin to make up a larger and larger percentage of MLB, won't that piss The Donald off? That's American jobs being taken over by, gulp, foreigners!

Merica!!!!!!!        

On 1/26/2017 at 10:49 PM, CALZONE said:

The WBC helps promote the game internationally. I would actually prefer that the owners and players work this into a mid-season event and ditch that lame All Star Game. It would be great to have games in several parks for a couple of weeks and designate a park for a championship game like a Super Bowl or a World Cup. I would pay to see Trout and Harper playing side by side for the USA.

Couldn't agree more.

On 1/26/2017 at 8:49 PM, CALZONE said:

intriguing idea.

if they did something like i'd hope they'd shorten the regular season back to 154 games or so to prevent the world series from ending during thanksgiving.