• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Year, New unwanted Friggen Phone Calls

K

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, and the numbers aren't being blocked by Nomorobo like usual.  I've also noticed that they are using numbers in your area code.  I've gotten calls on my cell phone, which was a first, since it was a new number and area code. 

Same here.  Funny thing is, when you text back a message to that number, it is someone who has no clue what you are talking about. They are using other numbers as their ID

5 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

K

Same here.  Funny thing is, when you text back a message to that number, it is someone who has no clue what you are talking about. They are using other numbers as their ID

That's even worse.  It would suck to have your number blocked by nomorobo or such companies.  It would really suck if it was a business number.

oh man i was up at 6am the other day having coffee and reading the news... and for some reason i saw an ad and got sucked into playing with lendingtree.com just seeing what refinance rates are these days.

well, i made the mistake of putting my real phone number and email in.

have probably received 75 calls and 20 emails within 2 days. 

i never answer my phone so it's not the end of the world, and no one leaves a message. but good lord it is a pandora's box i had no idea they just send your info to ever lender in the seven kingdoms.

2 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

I must receive a half dozen tele-marketing/spam phone calls a day....either to reduce my student loan (dont have one), medicare (not old enough) or consolidate my debt (not applicable).

It is driving me f*****g crazy.

you should add your number to the national do not call list

i worked on it in college. its a real thing. it'll illegal for them to call you after.

takes 10s.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

The other trick I've seen the telemarketers use last year, if you have a service like nomorobo.  They will call twice in quick succession.  The first call will get sniped by nomorobo.  But the second one won't get blocked.  So if you get a call, and think the ring sounded funny.  It's probably a spammer.

And I agree @wopphil DNC list is shit.  India doesn't give a crap what list you are on. 

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

oh man i was up at 6am the other day having coffee and reading the news... and for some reason i saw an ad and got sucked into playing with lendingtree.com just seeing what refinance rates are these days.

i never answer my phone so it's not the end of the world, and no one leaves a message. but good lord it is a pandora's box i had no idea they just send your info to ever lender in the seven kingdoms.

I did that once. It was literally two minutes before my phone rang the first time. It didn't stop for weeks.

I rarely if ever put in my real cell phone number for anything. I still get weird numbers calling me so good luck with that "Do not call list" bologna. Usually I use my parents land line number which they've had forever, but they screen with the answering machine and never pick up. It's pretty much on par for me when I call their land line to wait for the answering machine and say "Hi, it's me, pick up..." so they can hear the voicemail audibly before they even bother picking up the phone. 

I should find another number but with stupid store cards and websites asking for phone numbers all the time it's become absurd. 

Plus if they go to a store I go to and they ask for a number they'll say the same thing I've inputted and get the discounts. 

19 hours ago, mrwicked said:

ha. yeah, they are out here in oc. i know people that used to work there. their business model is literally passing your info to a million banks to "shop"

plus, you could have just texted me about rates silly goose.

with rates having gotten so bad since the election and business drying up a bit, a lot of these places aren't going to stop calling or emailing either trying to find any semblance of business.

I've been getting random phone calls from random zip codes including local ones for the past 2 years and I have no idea why.  I signed up with Do Not Call a little over two years ago and I still receive them.  They never leave voicemails, and because of this I never answer unrecognized phone numbers unless they leave a voicemail. 

8 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I've been getting random phone calls from random zip codes including local ones for the past 2 years and I have no idea why.  I signed up with Do Not Call a little over two years ago and I still receive them.  They never leave voicemails, and because of this I never answer unrecognized phone numbers unless they leave a voicemail. 

your phone shows the zip codes?  are you from the future?

ps get a phone with call blocking 

21 hours ago, mrwicked said:

you should add your number to the national do not call list

i worked on it in college. its a real thing. it'll illegal for them to call you after.

takes 10s.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Its completely worthless.  My parents got telemarketing calls by the bucketful.  I checked and found out they had been on the do not call registry for like a decade.  It didn't matter.

Unless it is absolutely necessary, i always give our old landline number (got rid of it years ago).  Let them call that number.

i think there is a time restriction on the list, though. not 100% sure, but i think it's only good for 3-4 years and you have to update it after it expires.

granted, it really is worthless because the system is in place not to stop calls, but catch telemarketers and they are ahead of the game with changing phone numbers and routing to where they can't be caught.

i think i got a call recently for a student loan grant and also to have my carpets cleaned.

if you ever want to fuck someones life up, simply add their phone number to some big calling list like lendingtree.com and watch the chaos unfold. a buddy of mine did that as a joke but with my email address and to this day i still get 1000+ spam emails that gmail detects and i empty once a week.