• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

How long does President Trump last?

How long does President Trump last?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. The President Trump...well, probably can't use the term "Death Pool" without ending up on a Secret Service watchlist...so how about...retirement pool...Impeachment, forced to resign, or just gets bored and quits (aka totally overwhelmed)

• 6 months
    • 12 months
    • 24 months
    • 36 months
    • Full term
    • Two terms
    • Forever...he becomes emperor for life and is immortal

I say two terms until the left can show they have the cognitive and emotional ability to learn from what happened instead of the self destructive behaviors they are showing now. Having several strong candidates in the pipeline would also help. Defeating an incumbent Republican POTUS will be very challenging with the advantages they have in majority of states.

Well, considering Obama lasted 8 years.  When he got elected, I was sure some wack job would end his service early.  It'll be the same thing with Trump.  No one will do anything but complain, because doing anything more will mean more of a crackdown.  Pretty much giving Homeland Security even more free reign. 

Haven't got a clue. 

If the economy does thrive under Trump, and assuming he doesn't screw things up too badly on foreign policy or get impeached, voters will probably put up with all the nonsense. But if he's not the greatest jobs President that "God" ever created, and things get worse towards the end of the first term, most everyone except his base gets tired of his act and will likely want someone a little more stable.

he'll be a one-termer. can't see anything other than that right now. 

a few have mentioned being impeached as if that's something the congress can just simply decide to do without cause. let's hope nothing happens that makes the consideration of impeachment a necessity.

Like ITP I honestly have no clue.  In my voting lifetime I thought both sides had layup type opportunities to take back the WH and they screwed those up - 2004 with the Dems running John "not GWB" Kerry an 2012 when the Reps did the exact same thing running Mitt "not Obama" Romney.  Then I thought 2016 was ripe for the Republicans to take it back and when Trump got the nomination I thought they screwed themselves.  Enough people didn't care about the things he's said and done to date to get him elected and even though I think he needs to get off twitter and get ready to run the country nothing he's done on there will deter his current supporters.  As ITP said in 4 years I think it will come down to people's wallets.  If the middle America voters who voted him in hoping to improve their job situation are still hurting and he hasn't delivered then it should be ripe for the Dems to take back the WH but obviously that doesn't mean they will.

It's not meaningless to the people protesting but to me protesting his Inaguration is like protesting the sun rising - whether you like it or not it's happening.  If I felt that strongly I think I would be better off spending my time and energy trying to help fix my party instead of fighting the inevitable.  To each their own.  

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

It's not meaningless to the people protesting but to me protesting his Inaguration is like protesting the sun rising - whether you like it or not it's happening.  If I felt that strongly I think I would be better off spending my time and energy trying to help fix my party instead of fighting the inevitable.  To each their own.  

Don't fight Monday

28 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

The protests are part of a "movement" in an attempt to unite the left. If they hadn't been so divided, the Dems probably would have gotten a third term.

You could say that but I think it's a cop out.  The Republicans were more divided and when the infamous p**** grabbing comments came out about a month before the election some wanted to use that to get him off the ticket and the thought was Clinton would crush him.  Even some high ranking members of his party didn't back him until the very end and the Republicans had more candidates early on during the primary dividing the party.  The Dems lost because they ran a terrible candidate who did nothing to appeal to a lot of middle America.  The irony about the protests is that any negative news stemming from them is just more ammo for trump and his supporters.        

Hillary did a lot of damage to Hillary. Very few people actually like her and there's a reason for that, perhaps its the entitled attitude or the blatant deceptiveness in just about everything she says and does. The Democrats trying to shove her down our throats is what did them in, now they're doubling down on their screw ups by trying to pretend they have a moral superiority.