• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Inauguration

'99 was more gramm leach bailey which basically set forth new rules on how financial institutions handled and managed private info, how they are marketed to, and also the disclosure of multiple entities being used in transactions (like being the lender but making people use their title company, settlement services, etc.)

9 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Obama took office Jan. 20th 2009.

Net jobs lost in Jan. 2009 was 818,000 jobs.

Net jobs lost Feb. 2009 was 724,000 jobs.

Net jobs lost Mar. 2009 was 799,000 jobs.

So when I said there were 750,000 jobs lost per month when Obama took office it was more than accurate.

Advice: take some of your own and don't accuse people of making things up if you want to be taken seriously.

Another weak attack..try again bro.

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

We were losing 750,000 jobs every month when Obama took office

you stated "WERE LOSING". that is PAST tense. Obama took office in January of 2009. February and March come AFTER January. 

public school

5 minutes ago, Warwick said:

'99 was more gramm leach bailey which basically set forth new rules on how financial institutions handled and managed private info, how they are marketed to, and also the disclosure of multiple entities being used in transactions (like being the lender but making people use their title company, settlement services, etc.)

It also allowed commercial banks to expand their activities into investments.  

16 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Is this another personal attack bro? lol

it looks like your math and grammar comprehension. i don't know what's personal about copying and pasting your numbers. 

Edited by Warwick
English Cop busted me

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It also allowed commercial banks to expand their activities into investments.  

it always did that, that's exactly wall street and the secondary markets purpose.

i didn't sit there and read the entire act (i doubt anyone has), but it 's what i mentioned with some extensions to the addendum in '94. here are the main components of '99:

Legislative changes 1999[edit]

In 1999 the Congress enacted and President Clinton signed into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act. This law repealed the part of the Glass–Steagall Act that had prohibited a bank from offering a full range of investmentcommercial banking, and insurance services since its enactment in 1933. A similar bill was introduced in 1998 by Senator Phil Gramm but it was unable to complete the legislative process into law. Resistance to enacting the 1998 bill, as well as the subsequent 1999 bill, centered around the legislation's language which would expand the types of banking institutions of the time into other areas of service but would not be subject to CRA compliance in order to do so. The Senator also demanded full disclosure of any financial "deals" which community groups had with banks, accusing such groups of "extortion".[56]

In the fall of 1999, Senators Dodd and Schumer prevented another impasse by securing a compromise between Sen. Gramm and the Clinton Administration by agreeing to amend the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. ch. 16) to allow banks to merge or expand into other types of financial institutions. The FDIC related provisions of the new Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, along with the addition of sub-section § 2903(c) directly to Title 12, insured any bank holding institution wishing to be re-designated as a financial holding institution by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System would also have to follow Community Reinvestment Act compliance guidelines before any merger or expansion could take effect.[57]

At the same time the G-L-B Act's changes to the Federal Deposit Insurance Act would now allow for bank expansions into new lines of business, non-affiliated groups entering into agreements with these bank or financial institutions would also have to be reported as outlined under the newly added section to Title 12, § 1831y (CRA Sunshine Requirements), to satisfy Gramm's concerns.[58][59]

In conjunction with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act changes, smaller banks would be reviewed less frequently for CRA compliance by the addition of §2908. (Small Bank Regulatory Relief) directly to Chapter 30, (the existing CRA laws), itself. The 1999 Act also mandated two studies to be conducted in connection with the "Community Reinvestment Act":[60]

• the first report by the Federal Reserve, to be delivered to Congress by March 15, 2000, is a comprehensive study of CRA to focus on default and delinquency rates, and the profitability of loans made in connection with CRA;[61]
  • the second report to be conducted by the Treasury Department over the next two years, is intended to determine the impact of the Act on the provision of services to low- and moderate-income neighborhoods and people, as intended by CRA.[62]

On signing the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, President Clinton said that it, "establishes the principles that, as we expand the powers of banks, we will expand the reach of the [Community Reinvestment] Act".[63]

2 minutes ago, Warwick said:

it's looks like your math and grammar comprehension. i don't know what's personal about copying and pasting your numbers. 

It's look's like's you's may's want's to's go's to's Costco's to's get's a's bag's of's stone's for's throwing's and's Windex's with's which's you's can's clean's your's house's.

Also, get a churrro at the food court. Yum!

CARRY ON, CITIZEN.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

you stated "WERE LOSING". that is PAST tense. Obama took office in January of 2009. February and March come AFTER January.

public school

Good lord.

The month Obama took office America lost 818,000 jobs.

By the numbers YOU posted America lost 765,000 jobs in Nov. of 2008! Like in WERE LOSING..get it Lou? lol

Go try to insult someone else Lou and again take some of your own advice.

5 minutes ago, EnglishCop said:

It's look's like's you's may's want's to's go's to's Costco's to's get's a's bag's of's stone's for's throwing's and's Windex's with's which's you's can's clean's your's house's.

Also, get a churrro at the food court. Yum!

CARRY ON, CITIZEN.

fuck.

but come on dude, usually you pick good spots. not dumb typos from changing the overall tone of the post.

originally it was going to be "it's your math and grammar comprehension".

can i get a one time pass?

27 minutes ago, Warwick said:

fuck.

but come on dude, usually you pick good spots. not dumb typos from changing the overall tone of the post.

originally it was going to be "it's your math and grammar comprehension".

can i get a one time pass?

No.

11 minutes ago, calscuf said:

That was My So Called Life Goes On.

Originally I was going to say, "The one with Claire Danes when she was hot," but my conscience got the best of me. I think she was 15 when that show started, so I didn't want to seem like that kind of a creep. Then again, I think I was 16 when I last rubbed one out to her on that show, so arguably acceptable.

I'm going to need an outside ruling on this...

Just now, Ordos said:

Originally I was going to say, "The one with Claire Danes when she was hot," but my conscience got the best of me. I think she was 15 when that show started, so I didn't want to seem like that kind of a creep. Then again, I think I was 16 when I last rubbed one out to her on that show, so arguably acceptable.

I'm going to need an outside ruling on this...

perv

4 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Good lord.

The month Obama took office America lost 818,000 jobs.

By the numbers YOU posted America lost 765,000 jobs in Nov. of 2008! Like in WERE LOSING..get it Lou? lol

Go try to insult someone else Lou and again take some of your own advice.

Your point was that under George W. America was losing 759,000 jobs per month in 2008. That wasn't accurate outside of one month. You were shown that once obama was sworn in, your 750,000 number happened pretty steadily for his first few months in office.

i now understand better your lack of grasping the electoral college system.

4 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Actually bad moderator school Lou.

If you can't debate without the insults then don't bother.

The minute you started with the insults and accusing me of making things up you lost.

I provided facts. You provided irrelevant facts.

"per month" = for each. One month out of twelvedoesn't equate to " for each"

I only accused you of making things up because you did. 

If you think my advice to you was an insult, I can't wait to see what fiction you come up with next. 

If by insult you were referring to my comment about public schools, you were correct. 

Edited by Lou

1 minute ago, Tank said:

Your point was that under George W. America was losing 759,000 jobs per month in 2008

Wrong, my point was very clear. The point was that America was bleeding jobs at an alarming rate when Obama took office and by the end of his term the hemorrhaging was well over with.

If you think otherwise so be it.