• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Inauguration

I did think the person who hired the plane to fly over the event with a banner congratulating president* trump was aces though...brilliant trolling. And because it's LA it was funny to watch someone try and do a fashion shoot in the middle of the protest...and even better for the old feminist to go up and start arguing with the model about respecting herself.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

I did think the person who hired the plane to fly over the event with a banner congratulating president* trump was aces though...brilliant trolling. And because it's LA it was funny to watch someone try and do a fashion shoot in the middle of the protest...and even better for the old feminist to go up and start arguing with the model about respecting herself.

Wow that's great haha

Ya know, Trump is without question the biggest liar that's been in the Oval Office in my life time and he's only been there for one day! lol

It wasn't enough that he lied about the size of the crowd at the inauguration, he then sent his press secretary out to lie about it also and then refused to take any question about it!!! To top it off Kellyanne Conway tried to spin it this morning as "alternate facts"!!!!! lmao! There's no such thing as "alternate facts", those are just flat out bald-faced lies by this administration.

This is reminiscent of what Trump said during the campaign about how he "saw" Muslims on TV in New Jersey celebrating on 9/11 when the Twin Towers came down and killed 3000 Americans. It never happened, and Trump flat out lied about it just like he's going to lie about everything. What makes this so outrageous is the obvious fact that Trump and members of his administration show no guilt or shame when they straight out lie to the American people.

Just an observation here..the Trump administration and his supporters are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that he lost the popular vote by a substantial margin. He's not going to have high approval numbers because he's the minority president. To be sure Trump won the election fair and square, but it's also true that the current method of selecting our leader is outdated and archaic and doesn't accurately represent the will of the American voter. 

6 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Just an observation here..the Trump administration and his supporters are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that he lost the popular vote by a substantial margin. He's not going to have high approval numbers because he's the minority president. To be sure Trump won the election fair and square, but it's also true that the current method of selecting our leader is outdated and archaic and doesn't accurately represent the will of the American voter. 

That's bullshit. You then have literally 4 metropolises choosing the president

16 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'm with @Angels#1Fan ... I didn't think yesterday's march was that big a deal either.

It was a pep rally for the left. Granted a very much needed pep rally for the left. View it in that frame and it was very successful. It wasn't going to change hearts and minds and it surely didn't in any great scale. But after watching Trump be coronated they surely needed a morale boost.

9 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

He's an asshole. If there was a list of reasons to dislike Trump, losing the popular vote is maybe in the number 3000 range?

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Trump should have gone with this narrative 

IMG_0132.JPG

i'll comment on this but my observation is more about the photo and not the meme.

what is being grossly overlooked/ignored in these two pictures is the fact that when barry was sworn in in '08, he was the first POTUS of color to win the presidency. tons of people were excited about this, and tons of them showed up to the inauguration because of it, more than usually show up for an inauguration. it was even more historic than usual. somehow that enormous crowd has now become the new standard by which to measure all future inaugurations, and it's disingenuous to say the least. 

14 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

you're right. we should just let the people of new york and california decide all of the national election results for the rest of the country. solid logic.

Just now, Adam said:

That's bullshit. You then have literally 4 metropolises choosing the president

We elect ALL of our public officials (governors,senators, representatives) by a popular vote. We even determine many of our laws that are put on ballots in the form of propositions that way. The only elected official that's not elected by a popular vote is the president. The way we elect our president is outdated by any measure and doesn't reflect the will of the American people.

As far as your assertion that only " 4 metropolitans would choose the president" goes, that's because that's where the people live in modern America. This isn't 1795 anymore and having the minority choose the president isn't how a democracy is suppose to work, hence my example of how we chose our other elected officials. What you have now is the minority in states like Montana dictating to the majority of Americans and that just isn't American!  So if the people are OK with the minority dictating to the majority then I suppose the system is working for them but I would have to disagree with that and I'd also say it isn't very American either. 

Two of the last three elections have been won by the minority and I suspect they won't be the last until some adjustments are made to the way we elect the president. If this had happened the other way around and the Republicans had lost the presidency to the electoral college after winning the popular vote they'd be screaming bloody murder. 

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don't understand the anti-popular vote arguments.  So what if California and New York decide the president then? There's more Americans there.

Why should Joe Nebraskas vote be worth more than mine?  Those Midwestern/Southern states are already over represented in the Senate with 2 senators for their million people to our 2 for our 40 million.  

The fairest thing to do while still maintaining statism is to empower smaller groups of people more control over the politics of their own communities. The federal government is too vast and powerful. 

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don't understand the anti-popular vote arguments.  So what if California and New York decide the president then? There's more Americans there.

Why should Joe Nebraskas vote be worth more than mine?  Those Midwestern/Southern states are already over represented in the Senate with 2 senators for their million people to our 2 for our 40 million.  

Californian supports method that benefits him more than the current implementation. Duly noted.

2 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

We elect ALL of our public officials (governors,senators, representatives) by a popular vote. We even determine many of our laws that are put on ballots in the form of propositions that way. The only elected official that's not elected by a popular vote is the president. The way we elect our president is outdated by any measure and doesn't reflect the will of the American people.

As far as your assertion that only " 4 metropolitans would choose the president" goes, that's because that's where the people live in modern America. This isn't 1795 anymore and having the minority choose the president isn't how a democracy is suppose to work, hence my example of how we chose our other elected officials. What you have now is the minority in states like Montana dictating to the majority of Americans and that just isn't American!  So if the people are OK with the minority dictating to the majority then I suppose the system is working for them but I would have to disagree with that and I'd also say it isn't very American either. 

Two of the last three elections have been won by the minority and I suspect they won't be the last until some adjustments are made to the way we elect the president. If this had happened the other way around and the Republicans had lost the presidency to the electoral college after winning the popular vote they'd be screaming bloody murder. 

Obama didn't win with a minority in 2008

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

you're right. we should just let the people of new york and california decide all of the national election results for the rest of the country. solid logic.

See my post above..this isn't 1795 anymore the majority of people live in the city in 2017 and their vote should count for just as much as the people that live in Wyoming!

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Obama didn't win with a minority in 2008

That was a reelection, Obama was the sitting president.

Gore lost to Bush after winning the popular vote and Clinton lost to Trump after winning the popular vote. The Obama election was in between those two hence two of the last three.