• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoughts?

this thread is YK's Alderaan.  

he's in a client meeting and then it happens

a sudden blank look forms on his face

clearly noticeable to the client sitting across the conference table

he inexplicably gets up from his chair and without even a modicum of communication exists the room

he streaks across the main area yelling to his admin as he crosses the threshold into his private office 'clear my afternoon schedule!'

moving his mouse and typing even prior to taking his seat.  

under his breath as he engages he whispers 'not today dammit.  not today'

58 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

They are going to be paying a dollar rent at the new Rams palace.  One dollar.

Do you know what kind of joy that brings to a billionaire, to pay a dollar rent?

The problem is.  They may be paying $1.  But how much money will they be getting?  Advertising, Concessions, Parking?  I would think the Rams would benefit from all of that.  And Signage.  How much of that do they control, or do they have to put up temporary signage every game? 

Then you have other things.  Like agreements with the city of Inglewood.  I'm sure Kroenke has an agreement for the city to provide police at least for traffic, for the Rams.  Does that also apply to the Chargers, or will the city say they Chargers will have to pay for the extra coverage. 

I really think this is a very different situation and much more complicated than Arte's $1 lease.  This is probably more in line with when the Angels were in Doggy stadium. 

And while on the surface, it looks like a great deal for Spanos.  He has a very high percentage of getting royally screwed in this deal. 

i just hope the percentages of him getting royally screwed are in his favor.

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The problem is.  They may be paying $1.  But how much money will they be getting?  Advertising, Concessions, Parking?  I would think the Rams would benefit from all of that.  And Signage.  How much of that do they control, or do they have to put up temporary signage every game? 

Then you have other things.  Like agreements with the city of Inglewood.  I'm sure Kroenke has an agreement for the city to provide police at least for traffic, for the Rams.  Does that also apply to the Chargers, or will the city say they Chargers will have to pay for the extra coverage. 

I really think this is a very different situation and much more complicated than Arte's $1 lease.  This is probably more in line with when the Angels were in Doggy stadium. 

And while on the surface, it looks like a great deal for Spanos.  He has a very high percentage of getting royally screwed in this deal. 

i just hope the percentages of him getting royally screwed are in his favor.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-live-nfl-meetings-chargers-what-could-a-chargers-lease-at-the-1481731431-htmlstory.html

Chargers get to keep advertising, concessions, signage and parking. Naming rights, non football event (concerts, the final 4, olympics), and PSL revenue is put in a pot and each team gets about 18.75% of it. It puts the Bolts at a significant advantage. The Rams have to pay for the stadium (a fixed cost). So the Chargers can significantly undercut the PSL price of the Rams.

It's an incredible deal for the Chargers. I'm shocked they didn't leave last season.

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

this thread is YK's Alderaan.  

he's in a client meeting and then it happens

a sudden blank look forms on his face

clearly noticeable to the client sitting across the conference table

he inexplicably gets up from his chair and without even a modicum of communication exists the room

he streaks across the main area yelling to his admin as he crosses the threshold into his private office 'clear my afternoon schedule!'

moving his mouse and typing even prior to taking his seat.  

under his breath as he engages he whispers 'not today dammit.  not today'

Clear my afternoon schedule?

It doesn't take more than four minutes to review the basics -

Pasadena won't by law allow the Rose Bowl to host an NFL team

Blackouts have been gone for half a decade

Multi purpose stadiums?  The NFL owners would rather their kids go to a State school before they sully themselves with sharing their taxpayer-funded palace.

The misinformation on this thread rivals the Keyshawn morning show on 710 this morning.  One of the 3 dingdongs suggested the Chargers sharing with the Angels, and Keyshawn pointed out that Angels stadium is baseball only since Arte renovated it.

10 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Multi purpose stadiums?  The NFL owners would rather their kids go to a State school before they sully themselves with sharing their taxpayer-funded palace.

The misinformation on this thread rivals the Keyshawn morning show on 710 this morning.  One of the 3 dingdongs suggested the Chargers sharing with the Angels, and Keyshawn pointed out that Angels stadium is baseball only since Arte renovated it.

776.jpg

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

After the announcement today by Dean Spanos that the Chargers are coming to LA....... Would Arte' jump at the chance of a new stadium partnership at the Great Park area in Irvine? I know the Chargers have spoken about moving into the Rams new stadium. Which I believe is stupid on their side as they would be a step sister to the Rams and paying them for use.... I don't even want to get into the part of sharing concessions, parking, Memorabilia sales etc... However, I think there could be some communication there that could/would work for both parties and the City of Irvine as a Angels/Chargers Combo stadium....

Thoughts?

I saw a poll recently that the Rams / Chargers fan base in LA is about 50/50. A successful Chargers team might actually hurt the Rams.

6 hours ago, Richard said:

As an Eagles fan, I am thrilled to be able to see the team in such a small venue next season. My family live in Carson, so don't have to worry about parking as well.

..and this is the chargers future.

people going to chargers home games to cheer for the opponent.

what a bright future they have made for themselves.

to be honest, this was happening in san diego as well, but having an owner say fuck you fans for the better part of 56 years wears thin.

just watch how relatively little outrage there is in san diego. today at charger park, after they announced they were leaving, a protest emerged to show how upset they were...there were about 30-40 people, maybe.

7 hours ago, yk9001 said:

b74df771c5d916a9630e75019d8f2599.jpg

15 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I saw a poll recently that the Rams / Chargers fan base in LA is about 50/50. A successful Chargers team might actually hurt the Rams.

Rams 5/1 Chargers

I was a Charger fan until yesterday. In 38 years I never found single spot in LA County that could be considered a Charger bar.

21 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Pretty much every bit of this is wrong.

There is no minimum ticket sales required for regional broadcasts.

The NFL blackout rules were eliminated years ago.

I think you are making stuff up.

I'm a BUCS Fan my family in Florida can't watch a Bucs game when they don't "Sell out".... Maybe, that is local tv?

1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

after posting the $650M relocation fee. His teams price tag may in crease being in the 2nd highest market. Maybe, not?

Relocation fee is due over 30 years. Roughly $22 million a year. But he'd have to pay a relocation fee if he went to Irvine too.

22 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Well, I guess, I could have been more clear in my thought process in a combined area, location or multiple arena's or venues.  

I just watched as Irvine Meadows closed. I've watched the build up of apartments, residential communities, business buildings and none of them ever seem that they are full (seems of overkill and screams concrete jungle). I just think there is a better way to build for entertainment. We are basically a mall community now. I miss the old school venues, parks, attraction type places.

maybe, I'm wrong or maybe it's just time to move from the OC and CA in general.

4 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Relocation fee is due over 30 years. Roughly $22 million a year. But he'd have to pay a relocation fee if he went to Irvine too.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000773166/article/chargers-move-to-los-angeles-fraught-with-uncertainty

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers/stadium/sd-me-chargers-announcement-20170112-story.html

The Chargers must pay the league a $550 million relocation fee, which would rise to $650 million if the team chooses to cover the payment with installments over 10 years.

3 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Where did you find information on this "Debt Waiver"? I would like to read more on this. And at financed at what interest rate through the NFL?  

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-live-nfl-meetings-chargers-nfl-owners-approve-debt-waiver-to-help-1481735878-htmlstory.html

This is just the first thing that came up on google. There are plenty more that actually do a much better job explaining it but I'm not going through them to find the best.