• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Product recommendation

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Kirkland smoked pork at Costco. 32 ounces. Microwaveable. I've been to some legit smokehouses in many states and this stuff isn't far behind. Super smoky and flavorful. Highly recommended.

So, what you are saying is the next time I decide to take the smoker with me on a camping trip and drag the 50lb smoker from downstairs, hoist it into the back of the truck, spend 2 hours prepping, wake up every hour or so during the middle of the night to baste the smoking pork, and then get to spend an hour cleaning out all the grease from the smoker with nothing more than a small rag and some paper towels...I'm just wasting my time?

Also I'm not sure if it's the same but the pulled pork/brisket sandwich from Costco in the food court where they sell the hot dogs is like $5, but it's the f**king bomb. The only thing that sucks about Costco Food Court is it's Pepsi products. Pepsi sucks, and then they don't even have Mountain Dew. FOR SHAME!

BTW if you ever want Alaskan King Crab legs Costco is the place to go. The parents were sick of turkey and ham about 3-4 years ago, all the prep and shenanigans, and all the prep, and now pops just goes out and buys $100 worth of crab legs and we eat that on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter as well. The legs are HUGE and have always been delicious. 

We don't have enough mouths to feed to shop at Costco. When the kids had all their friends over or we had family gatherings it was a huge savings hitting up Costco and bulking up on meats, drinks and sides. But now I have no desire to have a weeks worth of the same leftovers to wade through. That and pulled pork is dieting suicide one sammich at a time.

Pulled pork is great on its own but it begs for BBQ sauce or being made into a taco, enchilada or something with way too many calories. Love it but I really need to dump pounds after the holidays. Still trying to get the wife to quit making sugar products, she plans on making lemon bars tonight. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Pulled pork is great on its own but it begs for BBQ sauce or being made into a taco, enchilada or something with way too many calories. Love it but I really need to dump pounds after the holidays. Still trying to get the wife to quit making sugar products, she plans on making lemon bars tonight. 

I think that's why I posted this thread. This costco stuff is just fine on its own. Granted, I'd rather simmer it in some delish sauce and throw it on a big roll, but... I'm dropping my extra pounds too. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Ship the lemon bars to me. I'll send you some brisket in return.

10 minutes ago, red321 said:

Speaking of brisket...how far is Salt Lick from Austin Rally? Wife and I are headed to Austin for a wedding in February and decided to make it an extended longer weekend

30-40 minutes

BYOB

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Oh yeah...I've been a couple of times, just been 15 or so years. Looking forward to being back in Austin, last time I had just broken my foot and was a lot less willing to go out and do things on my own. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Homeslice Pizza!

Drink some good beers in the back yard while you're waiting for your table. Get ricotta (if you like it) on your pizza as a topping. 

3 hours ago, red321 said:

Oh yeah...I've been a couple of times, just been 15 or so years. Looking forward to being back in Austin, last time I had just broken my foot and was a lot less willing to go out and do things on my own. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Salt Lick is great, but if you want to stay downtown...

Franklin BBQ. Amazing, but be sure to get there kinda early, depending on the day they can sell out.

La Barbeque. Super good, too.

Get ice cream at Lick.

Catch a flick at the Drafthouse, see if they have any special events.

Lots of live music. ACL live is a GREAT venue. If anybody you like is playing there, maybe check it out.

If you make a trip down to SA, check out the Riverwalk of course, The Pearl brewery area is great with super solid restaurants.

11 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Salt Lick is great, but if you want to stay downtown...

Franklin BBQ. Amazing, but be sure to get there kinda early, depending on the day they can sell out.

La Barbeque. Super good, too.

Get ice cream at Lick.

Catch a flick at the Drafthouse, see if they have any special events.

Lots of live music. ACL live is a GREAT venue. If anybody you like is playing there, maybe check it out.

If you make a trip down to SA, check out the Riverwalk of course, The Pearl brewery area is great with super solid restaurants.

don't forget stubb's!

great bbq, great live music, great drinks, lots of girls.