• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Car advice

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Did you ever end up selling it?

She sold it to one of the teachers at work. They were amazed it wasn't newer since it was in such good shape. I had to laugh because I spent four hours detailing out the interior to clean all of her inky hand prints off it and the French fries out from under her seat. 

15 hours ago, calscuf said:

I wanted to get rid of a 2004 Chevy Colorado quick in 2008 or so.  I think it was like $18k new, Bluebook was like $11K.  

I took it to Carmax and they offered me $6K.  I told them to go fuck themselves and took it back the Selman Chevy who bought it back for $10K.

so carmax is the pawn stars of the auto trading world.

"hey rick, i bought this antique european spitoon that was used by napolean for $10,000. it's been appraised at $12k. i'll sell it to you for $8500."

"i'll give you $400 for it."

I have both sold cars to and bought cars from CarMax. Never again. Their business practices have changed. When we were shopping for an SUV, we found a Mazda CX-9 that we really liked at our local CarMax. When we were about to close the deal, they said that the bank wanted an additional down payment in excess of $1,800. When I got home and did the research, the amount of the down payment was, to the penny, the amount above retail price that CarMax was asking for the car. Instead, we found another SUV on the used car lot at my neighborhood Hyundai dealer that was listed as a great deal by CarGurus, and we bought it.