• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Sign OF Ben Revere

totdprods

On 12/23/2016 at 6:07 PM, totdprods said:

Esco would be fine as a #2 hitter too, but until we see what Maybin does, we can't really count on Esco being anything other than a lead-off guy. Depending on how Sinmons and Calhoun are operating, they could work into the top too. 

Having lead off options is nice.

Eppler >>>>>>> Dipoto at creating a versatile roster.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

This makes me think back to Joe Frazier's epic swimming attempt at Battle of the Network Stars in the 1970s.

I gave him bonus points for at least trying.

Those shows were both surprising with some of the actors being really athletic and those who really looked foolish, but having fun with it. They were really entertaining.

I also used to enjoy the Wide World of Sports Superstars competition. You wouldn't see that today with the risk of getting injured.

2 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Those shows were both surprising with some of the actors being really athletic and those who really looked foolish, but having fun with it. They were really entertaining.

I also used to enjoy the Wide World of Sports Superstars competition. You wouldn't see that today with the risk of getting injured.

Thanks for the correction, it was probably Superstars that Joe Frazier took part in.

29 minutes ago, totdprods said:

It won't happen too often, but can you imagine the speed and coverage we'll have on days where Maybin is in LF, Trout is in CF, and Revere is in RF, with Simmons and Espinosa in the MIF? Will anything in the air land?

Especially considering that Simmons is basically a LFer.  With his speed, Maybin is going to be able to play super deep.  Probably affects where Calhoun plays as well now that Espinosa is at 2b.  

I also think Revere could serve as insurance for Cron too. I know he's penciled in at 1B, and while I'm quite sure his bat will be pretty solid, in the event that it isn't, we can either put Albert at 1B and Revere at DH (or in LF while Maybin DH's) or more likely, Calhoun could then shift over to 1B where he's played off and on, and Revere to RF.

Either way, the lineup combinations Marte and Revere give this team, makes this likely the deepest Angels team in recent memory. It won't change the question marks in the rotation or bullpen, but if we score runs and play defense, perhaps it can get us by until Heaney and Tropeano are back.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I also think Revere could serve as insurance for Cron too. I know he's penciled in at 1B, and while I'm quite sure his bat will be pretty solid, in the event that it isn't, we can either put Albert at 1B and Revere at DH (or in LF while Maybin DH's) or more likely, Calhoun could then shift over to 1B where he's played off and on, and Revere to RF.

Either way, the lineup combinations Marte and Revere give this team, makes this likely the deepest Angels team in recent memory.

Yea we've heard that one before. Like basically every offseason. Every team in baseball has crappy players like Revere and marte on their bench.

23 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yea we've heard that one before. Like basically every offseason. Every team in baseball has crappy players like Revere and marte on their bench.

I definitely wouldn't consider Revere a crappy player and although Marte is young and inexperienced I think he is great as a back up player and possibly more.

31 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

if this is what you really think, and not just a troll, then you don't know jack shit about baseball.

if i were you, i'd back peddle into a troll, just to save face.

10 minutes ago, ettin said:

I definitely wouldn't consider Revere a crappy player and although Marte is young and inexperienced I think he is great as a back up player and possibly more.

ettin, i just randomly noticed some similarities between our post counts, etc so i looked up our join dates. you and i registered within one day of each other. that has no weight on anything, i just happened to notice it right now.

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep just like I was trolling last year.

i don't know what you're showing me.

i'll assume that it's the obvious and you're just saying that you said the same thing last year.

who did you compare this year's garbage to last year's garbage?

8 minutes ago, ukyah said:

ettin, i just randomly noticed some similarities between our post counts, etc so i looked up our join dates. you and i registered within one day of each other. that has no weight on anything, i just happened to notice it right now.

We're like besties now ukyah! LOL!

It's better than it was. It's been a couple years since there's been a single LFer capable of league average production and now there's one in LF and one on the bench. There's speed and defense. Everyone on the bench to start the season will be someone we've all heard of.

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep just like I was trolling last year.

Not trying to get into the back and forth going on here but the funny thing is the bench actually did end up being better....   Just turned out the guys who made it better weren't the guys people were thinking would..  Marte, Petit, Bandy..    Those guys got the top three AB totals off the bench and honestly -- hard to argue with OPS+s of 115, 80, 85 from bench players.  Soto would have actually lived up to the pre-season optimism had he stayed healthy.

I think some of the optimism regarding the bench this year is that there is maybe a little more flexibility and potentially better athleticism.  Catching seems a bit light right now IMO.

On 12/27/2016 at 9:17 AM, totdprods said:

It won't happen too often, but can you imagine the speed and coverage we'll have on days where Maybin is in LF, Trout is in CF, and Revere is in RF, with Simmons and Espinosa in the MIF? Will anything in the air land?

Coincidently, Calhoun is the only one with a GG Award. 

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Coincidently, Calhoun is the only one with a GG Award. 

Yeah not trying to slight Calhoun's defense at all, just more of an anticipation of the speed between those three and Espinosa and Simmons. We also lose a lot of OF arm strength when Revere and Maybin are in the corners.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not trying to get into the back and forth going on here but the funny thing is the bench actually did end up being better....   Just turned out the guys who made it better weren't the guys people were thinking would..  Marte, Petit, Bandy..    Those guys got the top three AB totals off the bench and honestly -- hard to argue with OPS+s of 115, 80, 85 from bench players.  Soto would have actually lived up to the pre-season optimism had he stayed healthy.

I think some of the optimism regarding the bench this year is that there is maybe a little more flexibility and potentially better athleticism.  Catching seems a bit light right now IMO.

Point still stands. Don't think calling me a troll or idiot is fair.