• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2017 Fantasy Golf Season

Tank

10 hours ago, tomsred said:

When I think of the Greenbrier, I always think about Slammin' Sammy Snead.  For his time he had the "swing."

He pretty much had the prototype of the modern golf swing. Another was Julius Boros. I remember a book of his that I had in high school.

Swing Easy-Hit Hard.

Amazingly, a quick search shows this book still available, and it looks like it was reprinted 12 times during a 30+ year period from 1965 until the early 2000's

My edition had a series of flip pages, that you could thumb to see the swing in motion, like an old movie.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1580800157/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

THE LANDING ZONE

The 444-yard, par-4 16th, which features a large lake right of the fairway, was the second-most difficult hole on The Old White TPC last year. Players hit the fairway just 65 percent of the time in 2015, and only hit it about half the time in the final round. Those who bail out in the left rough are still faced with a difficult approach. Players hit the green just 54.5 percent of the time from the left rough, compared to 80 percent of the time from the fairway.

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 12.21.34 PM

12 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Amazingly, a quick search shows this book still available, and it looks like it was reprinted 12 times during a 30+ year period from 1965 until the early 2000's

My edition had a series of flip pages, that you could thumb to see the swing in motion, like an old movie.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1580800157/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Yeah, I had that book too.  Actually my Dad bought it and it was a pass down.  It's long gone now.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Time for another major boys!  The problem is that this one required getting up really early if you want to see it live.  Should be a hard prediction week with all these Euros in the field.

Rory doesn't seem to be a threat judging from his recent suckatude. Maybe it's Fowler's time to break through?

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Rory doesn't seem to be a threat judging from his recent suckatude. Maybe it's Fowler's time to break through?

Rory has been on "vacation" most of the year.  The odds favorite is Johnson, but ever since he hurt his back at the Masters he hasn't been the same either.

3 hours ago, tomsred said:

Rory has been on "vacation" most of the year.  The odds favorite is Johnson, but ever since he hurt his back at the Masters he hasn't been the same either.

Rory isn't on my radar for anything this year.

DJ hasn't played particularly well in this event, I mean all of you should pick him (and grab Pat Perez while you're at it).

On 7/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, Tank said:

Rory isn't on my radar for anything this year.

DJ hasn't played particularly well in this event, I mean all of you should pick him (and grab Pat Perez while you're at it).

Tiger Woods is the heat, .....oh wait!

12 hours ago, tomsred said:

Homebrewer, what happened this week?  Did you get screwed by the system?  This game does have some crappy administrators, and software glitches, at times.

Life.

I live near Mariposa. I was just allowed home yesterday. At least I have one to come back to, quite a few here were not so fortunate.

170721152749-detwiler-fire-exlarge-169.j

170721153219-detwiler-fire-near-mariposa

On 7/24/2017 at 11:44 AM, Homebrewer said:

Life.

I live near Mariposa. I was just allowed home yesterday. At least I have one to come back to, quite a few here were not so fortunate.

170721153219-detwiler-fire-near-mariposa

Sorry to hear that, but glad you and your home survived it okay.  We had a similar situation in Morgan Hill (South of San Jose) about 30 years ago but fortunately didn't lose our home either, wildfires are really scary stuff.  I have retreated to city/urban life now.  I certainly hope the landscape comes back quickly for you.

Big names this week in Akron. Firestone was my intro to pro golf, as my dad took me to follow Arne and Jack back when steel shafts were the new thing (lol) Early 60's, probably 63 or 64. I remember having one of the cardboard periscopes and squeezing under people's legs to get up to the ropes.

Anyhow, always a fun tournament and almost like a major considering it's  7400 yd par 70, and no cut...and the big names are playing

Good Luck...(you guys will need it)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good week and gained some ground. Should have picked JT this week. He won at Kapalua to start the season and I was there last Sunday. Obviously there was a cosmic connection and I should have run with it.

oh well. At least I picked up a few tees and a pencil.

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

@tomsred and I battled it out with our sleeper C picks this weekend..someone had to win...glad it was Henrick.

Nice call on Ollie though....it was close!

Yeah, that was an epic battle - good call on Stenson.  In the end experience counts.  Four more weeks to go.  I think you, I and Tank should get special recognition for making it all the way this season.  Should be a fun finish.  Between the Angels and the PGA Golf season it's been a great TV bonanza so far.

8 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Yeah, that was an epic battle - good call on Stenson.  In the end experience counts.  Four more weeks to go.  I think you, I and Tank should get special recognition for making it all the way this season.  Should be a fun finish.  Between the Angels and the PGA Golf season it's been a great TV bonanza so far.

absolutely agree. let's meet for lunch sometime. it's not a long drive from mariposa, right? only like 30 or 40 minutes?

started off okay this past week, but then both of my A guys missed the cut. stupid poopy heads!

4 hours ago, Tank said:

absolutely agree. let's meet for lunch sometime. it's not a long drive from mariposa, right? only like 30 or 40 minutes?

started off okay this past week, but then both of my A guys missed the cut. stupid poopy heads!

That would be fun.  I'm in Newport Coast, Homebrewer is in Mariposa.  Where are you at?  You and I did Happy Hour in Tustin a few years ago with Chuck, and some of the other boys.