• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Coup in North Carolina

24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I think there is room to be worried about as a country looking like idiots without immediately having sympathies for Russia.

That's been made abundantly clear by the JAR. They had to fill out the last half of a damn 13 page document with a filler noobs' guide to not getting pwned.  They have the bad guys in a grey hoodie (really? Tone deaf much?) on a generic flowchart of how the bad stuff happens and include some scary IP Addresses of compromised (as in not complicit) systems. It's a mildly upgraded Powerpoint presentation.  I don't know while reading it if I want to laugh or cry. 

Not sure if it's a matter of looking like idiots. As you're obviously aware, we may never know and it'll remain a mystery.

Like I said, if our intelligence has something, they're not making available to the public. I'm not taking a position either way.

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yeah, but the approach of automatically blame one of the strongest nations on Earth is pretty pants on head retarded IMO.

Offensive nature aside on your analogy, it isn't accurate. They almost universally understand their limitations. This decision was made by those who likely think themselves more clever than they really are. An attempt to kill two birds with one stone approach.

5 hours ago, red321 said:

Hacking the DNC, with the intent of finding sensitive information and then a daily drip of emails in an attempt to embarrass the Clinton campaign, many of the leaks timed to key dates within the campaign, is an attempt to influence the outcome, whether it actually did or not. They did it in a clear manner to help one candidate, over another. At a minimum they seemed to have accomplished the goal of casting doubt on the integrity of the election.

I would think our response should be significantly more than what it has been, to ward off any future attempt at something similar.

1. They beat our system, so our focus should be on fixing our cyber security so this isn't repeated.

2. The DNC (and the RNC) both do a lot of shady crap, and I'm not terribly bothered that it's been getting exposed. There were plenty of reasons not to vote for HC or Trump, and for me it made no difference in how I voted to see what kept being revealed. I felt like a lot of people weren't terribly affected by this either. It's a very poor analogy that I'm about to make, but hear me out - going by comments here on aw and on Facebook, I don't think anyone changed their position over the stuff that was leaked/revealed. Her supporters still rallied around her, her detractors kept pointing at the next thing saying "see, we told you!", and the same thing happened to Trump. 

3. Don't want this to be repeated in 2020? Stop doing morally and ethically questionable stuff under the guise of protecting the Republic.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/did-russia-tamper-with-the-2016-election-bitter-debate-likely-to-rage-on/

Talk about disappointments. The US government's much-anticipated analysis of Russian-sponsored hacking operations provides almost none of the promised evidence linking them to breaches that the Obama administration claims were orchestrated in an attempt to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

"we can't believe we lost! we had this in the bag and still couldn't seal the deal!"

"hey, i know, let's blame the ruskies. there's just no plausible reason to believe that the orange guy could have won this thing on his own."

"you're right. THE RUSSIANS DID IT! THE RUSSIANS DID IT!"

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Obama has been extremely diplomatic during his presidency especially domestically. Kinda pulled a 180 after the 2 minute warning.

If you saw someone completely and utterly bungle their campaign and allow Trump to become POTUS and ensure all the work you got done and more was about to go down the toilet you'd be rather pissy too.

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

If you saw someone completely and utterly bungle their campaign and allow Trump to become POTUS and ensure all the work you got done and more was about to go down the toilet you'd be rather pissy too.

pissy is a good word to describe it