• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What would it take to make the 2017 season a success?

19HALO71

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trout doesn't disappear in September, like Altuve did in 2016.

That's not entirely true. September is statistically Trout's weakest month. He has only hit over .300 in September, once. That was 2015.

Yeah, Altuve hit only .276 last September. But the last three Septembers before he hit .303, .367, .357. He generally finishes strong. 

55 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels played Hou. in late Sept.  Trout walked, then stole second and third. He didn't score.

I'm sure Altuve would have willed his teammates to drive him in because that's what the better player does.  They use the force and other magical stuff.  Given Altuve's size it's likely pixie dust was involved.   Stupid Trout is too big to be a pixie.  Basically all the important stuff supports your opinions.    

Merry Xmas, Scarecrow.

So, who's left on the FA scene that could help us make 2017 a success? Many of the good players that occupied "needs" for us are gone. Nova is  gone. Encarnacion gone. Turner is gone. All the good closers are gone. Most of the decent starters are gone.

It's beginning to look like, "what you see, is what you get".

2 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

All those RBI's missed because of K's and not moving the runners over. Albert could have had another 25 to 30 RBI's.

so are you using this argument - more strikeouts than another player - as justification for why you think altuve is better than trout?

31 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Trout is the better player. I couldn't give Trout the MVP because the Angels finish 21 games back.  I just think Altuve was more valuable  to Houston then Trout was to the Angels.

i'll agree that the working definition for MVP has turned instead into "who's the best player in the league?", and i think there's a good discussion to be had about who contributes more to their teams' success. on this board, however, that discussion isn't the one you ended up having.