• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Yes, you can blame millennials for Hillary Clinton’s loss

17 hours ago, cezero said:

i work with kids all day every day.

all they care about is what their parents care about, which is tabloid garbage. cheetos, pantsuits, emails, swamp, etc. 

it's not a millennial thing. it's an american public sphere thing, and it's nothing new, no matter who the youngest generation of voters is, including the mythical "greatest generation" 

Not sure how old your kids are, but aren't we getting to the point where a lot of these young kids in school now aren't really millennials? It's hard for me to consider someone a millennial if they weren't alive to experience Y2K!

On 12/2/2016 at 9:41 PM, Jay said:

You can blame Jill Stein. If she were not on the ballot Clinton may very well have won.

That may be a bit of a stretch.  If EVERY Stein voter voted for Clinton, then you get MI and WI, but still not PA. You have to assume that some of those 30K far left-wing voters would have left their check box empty rather than voting for the Democrat who gave speeches at $200K a pop to Goldman Sachs! Besides, if we didn't have 3rd party candidates, then you have to ask how many Gary Johnson votes would have gone for Trump.

cezero, age-wise you are very much Gen X. The crossover is in the 1980-82 range, depending upon who you ask. And the relationship you describe to technology is very Gen X, most of whom adapted to new technologies in the 90s: personal computers, the internet, later cellphones. Gen Y are more "digital natives;" they came of age when the internet and such were already ubiquitous.

Anyhow, if Democrats are now blaming millenials, they really are completely out of touch. At some point they have to realize that the reason they lost is because of the candidate they ran. People are sick of establishment/corporatist candidates and the only reason Hillary got as many votes as she did is because she was running against Trump.

34 minutes ago, cezero said:

Thanks for the clarification on the gen thing. I just never really understood. 

I don't blame millennials either, and you're right about Hillary as a candidate. Not a good choice. 

I do question the part I quoted, though.  Donald only cares about helping billionaire corporations make more money. He's already doing it for himself, and not even trying to hide it. He gets to bypass the pesky lobbying/bribing process that he's used for decades. Gave tax breaks and good PR to Carrier with the little publicity stunt. I'm betting that's a model he'll use for the next 4 years. 

Donald staffed himself with nothing but career politicians and lobbyists, and they will be running the country. Top to bottom, from minor WH staff positions to cabinet appointees.  It's a paragon of establishment politics.  There's nothing resembling a paradigm shif

I certainly know what to expect to read from you for the next 4 years regardless of how successful he is.

4 hours ago, cezero said:

Donald staffed himself with nothing but career politicians and lobbyists, and they will be running the country. Top to bottom, from minor WH staff positions to cabinet appointees.  It's a paragon of establishment politics.  There's nothing resembling a paradigm shif

i'm ben carson, and i do not approve this message.

4 hours ago, cezero said:

Thanks for the clarification on the gen thing. I just never really understood. 

I don't blame millennials either, and you're right about Hillary as a candidate. Not a good choice. 

I do question the part I quoted, though.  Donald only cares about helping billionaire corporations make more money. He's already doing it for himself, and not even trying to hide it. He gets to bypass the pesky lobbying/bribing process that he's used for decades. Gave tax breaks and good PR to Carrier with the little publicity stunt. I'm betting that's a model he'll use for the next 4 years. 

I agree with you. Trump sold himself as anti-establishment, but he's more of a Robber Baron who can use the system to maximize his own profit. He basically conned his voters. Or as someone said, if Hillary is a wolf in sheep's clothing, Donald is a wolf in wolf's clothing.

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Anyhow, if Democrats are now blaming millenials, they really are completely out of touch. At some point they have to realize that the reason they lost is because of the candidate they ran. People are sick of establishment/corporatist candidates and the only reason Hillary got as many votes as she did is because she was running against Trump.

I have voted Democratic in every election except for the two that Reagan ran in. The fact that I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary, given that Trump was the other main option, tells you something. I voted third party for the first time ever.