• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Chargers look to be moving to LA in 2017 - play in ANA?

yk9001

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'm a Chargers fan, and it breaks my heart that they'd leave San Diego. That city loves and supports that team, always has. It's a shame the Padres were built this beautiful Mecca for baseball and no room has been made for the Chargers.

This is going off-topic so I'll keep it brief.  No major league team should be given any public money to build a stadium.  

I don't know why they can't play at Anaheim Stadium.  It's much improved the last time football was played there.

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'm a Chargers fan, and it breaks my heart that they'd leave San Diego. That city loves and supports that team, always has. It's a shame the Padres were built this beautiful Mecca for baseball and no room has been made for the Chargers.

yeah, sucks the public won't pony up money to increase the team value for billionaire owners

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Stub Hub idea is ridiculous, only 27K capacity.   This isn't the 1960s AFL, when the Chargers played at 30k capacity Balboa Stadium.

Angel Stadium should never, eeeever again host an NFL franchise. 

So if they move into Stub Hub, what you are saying is they might sell out?

Dude what is this obsession with bringing football to Southern California? 

Does anybody care about the Rams? They suck and their attendance is among the lowest in the league. What makes them think anyone in Orange County would care about the Chargers? 

The game is more fun to watch in a living room with a beer anyway. 

17 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

The game is more fun to watch in a living room with a beer anyway. 

Let's see...I could watch the game on my 52" HDTV from my leather couch, six feet away from the bathroom and ten feet away from the kitchen, or I could pay as much to park as for dinner out for two, pay a fortune for tickets in the corner of the end zone, have to get up 20 times for people to get in and out, fight traffic...

Hard decision.

20 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Let's see...I could watch the game on my 52" HDTV from my leather couch, six feet away from the bathroom and ten feet away from the kitchen, or I could pay as much to park as for dinner out for two, pay a fortune for tickets in the corner of the end zone, have to get up 20 times for people to get in and out, fight, traffic...

Hard decision.

You missed a comma.  Fixed it for you.

7 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

This is going off-topic so I'll keep it brief.  No major league team should be given any public money to build a stadium.  

I don't know why they can't play at Anaheim Stadium.  It's much improved the last time football was played there.

Remember that Anaheim Stadium, after the Rams left, was changed from a football stadium back to a baseball only stadium.

I really don't know if they can easily fit a NFL football stadium in the new Angels stadium without doing significant changes to it.  Dimensions of just the field itself is 360 feet x 160 feet wide.  Looking at this site, if you mouse over the dynamic diagram.  Looks like the bullpen and rocks would have to be removed in order to fit the football field again. 

i live in san diego. spanos is a tool. that organization is nepotism at it's worst. i dislike both san diego teams because they're just, nothing. no history, no championships, no process.

the LA thing is funny to me because the chargers intended to leave last year, but had no idea how to garner the votes from the other owners.

Wors

38 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Let's see...I could watch the game on my 52" HDTV from my leather couch, six feet away from the bathroom and ten feet away from the kitchen, or I could pay as much to park as for dinner out for two, pay a fortune for tickets in the corner of the end zone, have to get up 20 times for people to get in and out, fight traffic...

Hard decision.

Couldn't have said it better myself. To add: if I'm at home I can watch MULTIPLE football games at the same time!

I might go to an NFL game if I got free tickets, I can't see myself ever paying. I've only ever been to a USC game and that's because everything was free. 

I also have probably been spoiled with Angels and Diamondback games. Both stadiums I lock my front door and am in the park within 20-30 minutes. When the game is done I'm back home in even a shorter amount of time. They both are so convenient and the tickets are so affordable.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Looks like the bullpen and rocks would have to be removed in order to fit the football field again. 

#keeptherocks

#noNFLinOC

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ratings for football games last week for the LA market.

1 Raiders Panthers
2 broncos chiefs
3 Usc notre dame
4 Rams Saints
5 michigan ohio state
6 chargers texans

Raiders would absolutely own this town . I'd definitely root for them if they made it back down here, but not likely. I still love my cardinals lol

Interest in football will fade, because of how many are being diagnosed with CTE. The disdain has already started; attendance and TV ratings are down. It's just too violent and the players are too big and fast.

Here's an interesting stat, from the Wiki on CTE,

" In September 2015, researchers with the Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University announced that they had identified CTE in 96 percent of NFL players that they had examined and in 79 percent of all football players"

Football players as young as their teens are now being diagnosed with CTE.

The NFL has already begun to "soften" the rules of the game to try and limit the number of helmet to helmet hits. Even that may be costing them viewership.

Besides, the NFL is getting too expensive for middle-income families.

4 hours ago, ChuckRichterVotedTrump said:

This is the unfortunate reality. A football game is a fight, if boxers boxed 16 times in 17 weeks they'd be fucked up, helmet or no helmet.

There are solutions. No contact before high school, bigger fields(canada?), fewer players(9 on 9, 8 on 8), stop favoring the passing game(twice as many concussions as run plays).

It would take an overhaul to save football. Most youth teams field less than 20 players. When I was a kid you had to know people to get on a Pop Warner team.

Take away the pads and helmets so these neanderthals quit using their heads as weapons. I don't have the stats in front of me but I can pretty much guarantee that rugby players don't have the type of long term brain issues that American football players have.