• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Payroll currently at $152 mil

Docwaukee

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yay yet another wasted year of doing nothing and expecting different results.

inb4 someone blames this on Dipoto...

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Another year of recuperating from previous mistakes.   If the Angels are going to get better they are going to have to suffer through this for a little longer.   Retooling isn't a waste, but continuing to throw money at mistakes ..  well, that would be a waste.

oh.

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Right Jobu, I'm the issue, not the guy that litters every thread.  He has a horrible habit of quoting but not referring to posts.  This thread is just one example of 100's.  Go ahead and think it's a me, or a blarg or a tdawg problem. 

I don't actually think there's an issue. I was just making a cheap joke about your internet love affair.

6 minutes ago, Jobu said:

Nobody talks about Jerry more than you. Pointing that out makes me a fanboy, I guess.

Save it..  I ignore 90% of the Jerry adulation posts..  Most are troll posts anyway.

But, just to be clear.... in your rush to try to be "funny" -- you missed the fact that I didn't mention Jerry.   You did.

Like always, someone else brings him up...    So, yes -- Fanboy on..  

18 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

We're only two years removed from the best record in baseball. 

14 years removed from what really counts but I see better days ahead. Eppler will right the ship, He just needs more than the 13 months he's been on the job. Would it be fair to give him 3 1/2 seasons to fix what Dipoto left behind? The "win now" crowd is very unreasonable. I'm glad Eppler isn't being influenced by the fan base. 

29 minutes ago, Jobu said:

I don't actually think there's an issue. I was just making a cheap joke about your internet love affair.

Sometimes it can appear to be an issue but there's no issue. I admire and respect Stradling, Blarg, IP, TDawg and I like everyone in the @ngelswin family......but not Lou, he's an A-hole and he's proud of it. 

Actually Lou's a good guy, he's just misunderstood. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

For the luxury tax calculation, the average annual value of the contracts is used, which is not the same as the actual money being spent in a particular season. The luxury tax payroll also includes money for insurance and benefits, about $10-$15M. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Payroll includes the enter 40 man, contributions to the players retirement funds and various other BS...   So, it's always about 25-30 mil greater than the payroll on the field.

They would all know this if they just read their Angelswin.com Primer Introduction or heck even just read the abridged version in Fletcher's articles for that matter! :D

As far as what the Angels will spend, not much. I'm envisioning the team trading Taylor Ward for either Jace Peterson or Derek Dietrich to fill 2B.

Their recent moves suggest they will not be chasing FA starting pitching, but addressing the uncertainty behind Richards, Shoe, Skaggs and Meyer by surrounding them with tons of depth like Chavez, Ramirez, Pounders, Smith, Banuelos, Campos, O'Grady, McGowin, Kipper and Scribner. Literally enough depth to fully stack AA and AAA with options.

I the bullpen, I think the Angels will sign one free agent, someone along the lines of Feliz. Then in the Rule 5 Draft, they'll pick up a RP and 4th OF.

I picture the Angels adding about 7 million in payroll from now until Spring Training. So heading into next season, right around the 160 million mark.

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know if they've decided against free agents in principle as much as being much more selective about who they give a big contract.

I believe that we got the answer to that last off-season, when there was a loaded FA class with a lot of guys who could have significantly helped and we didn't pursue any of them.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I believe that we got the answer to that last off-season, when there was a loaded FA class with a lot of guys who could have significantly helped and we didn't pursue any of them.

Based on results -- we dodged a lot of high priced bullets last year.    

Personally I think they were waiting out the CBA and getting out from under Hamilton before jumping back into the spending.   Good or bad, they have cost certainty on the CBA end of things now, so I guess we will get a clearer picture of whether or not they have punted on FA completely or just trying to be smarter with their spending next season.

Just watch the Angels go ham this offseason and sign Kenley Jansen, Mark Melancon, Justin Turner, Ivan Nova, Wilson Ramos-- with a trade for Jose Quintana. It would be fun just to see the 55 Million "OH MY GOD" and "I'm Speechless" posts... then the "EPPLER SUX NO FARM SYSTEM" posts we'd see immediately afterwards. 

But yeah, Eppler appears to be following the "Let's Have OPTIONS" appreach to the pitching staff. I am positive we make a "bigger" move at 2nd base. For some reason, I keep thinking "Logan Forsythe," but I am not sure why.