• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Top Gun

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

That's a solid line-up!  I ran into Eddie Money at LAX when me and my buddies were flying to Cabo for my bachelor weekend.  We tried to get him to come with us, but we apparently didn't have enough tickets to paradise for his liking.

All you needed was two tickets, but maybe he saw that you were shakin, and thought you were in love.. 

14 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

Sucked musically, or in general? 

Musically for sure, my god that was some awful shit...but in general also.

Reagan, spandex, trickle down-supply side, economics..."just say no"  Margaret Thatcher..Marcos...Ceauscescu (who was shot by his own people at the end of the 80's) 

But unless you were of age in the 60's and 70's, you can have no real idea just how badly the 80's sucked.

26 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Reagan, spandex, trickle down-supply side, economics..."just say no"  Margaret Thatcher..Marcos...Ceauscescu (who was shot by his own people at the end of the 80's) 

But unless you were of age in the 60's and 70's, you can have no real idea just how badly the 80's sucked.

REM, The Cure, The Smiths. A-Team, Knight Rider, Carl Lewis, Marry Lou Retton, New Coke, the Gummy Bears TV show...

On another note, I mentioned my viewing of Top Gun to a coworker today, and he brought up what he found to be a very "homoerotic scene" when the guys were playing volleyball at the beach with their shirts off. I didn't remember seeing it nearly as "homoerotic" as he made it out to be. Sure, they were a couple of pretty close-knit dudes, but they were trying to win a competitive game of beach volleyball.

Beach v-ball on the sand in the sun is no joke. It's exhausting, and sweaty as hell. Glad-handing after each point is beyond expected. I can tell you one thing, if I was out there playing competitive-v during the summer heat, I'd be popping my shirt off ASAP. Am I the only man who has played a summer sport with shirts and skins?

It kinda threw me off when my coworker said that, but I didn't agree with him at all. 

On 12/4/2016 at 9:23 PM, Homebrewer said:

Women went back to shaving their armpits and using deodorant so it wasn't all that bad.