• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Claim Nolan Fontana

ettin

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

or this is our util guy and the rumor of pennington in the Philips deal are true.  Personally, I'd rather have Valbuena at 2b on a 2-3yr deal.  

What rumored Phillips deal?

Link me, I've been out of dodge lately. 

I talked to Eppler today about this guy (among other things) and it sounds like he's just a potential utility guy. And he's got options, which is a big deal for roster flexibility. 

Gregorio Petit has no options so he's essentially gone (my opinion, Eppler didn't say that). This guy can come up if Pennington or another IF gets hurt and then he can go back down. 

I didn't get the impression that there's any scenario in which they view this guy as an everyday 2B.

Also, I wouldn't think about Brandon Phillips too much.

21 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I talked to Eppler today about this guy (among other things) and it sounds like he's just a potential utility guy. And he's got options, which is a big deal for roster flexibility. 

Gregorio Petit has no options so he's essentially gone (my opinion, Eppler didn't say that). This guy can come up if Pennington or another IF gets hurt and then he can go back down. 

I didn't get the impression that there's any scenario in which they view this guy as an everyday 2B.

Also, I wouldn't think about Brandon Phillips too much.

thanks for the input.

i'm glad to hear about phillips, i feel that would be a step in the wrong direction.

Halos Heaven actually had a legit post the other day about 2b options. Deitrich, Garcia, etc are all low key options. It's like when they acquired Adam Kennedy and David Eckstein. Neither had a lot of major league experience, but pretty much came in and played their way into a job. We don't have the assets for Dozier.

Interesting option. I'm sure he'll be an up and down guy for the Angels next year. What's weird is he has a nice little MiLB track record of playing solid defense at SS with a great plate approach but he was putrid in AAA last year. Still, he has enough of a skill set to be a potential utility guy in the future.