• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Kendrick to Philly; Hernandez on the move?

totdprods

Howie's time is running out. Philadelphia not expected to contend.

this is horrible for nice guy HK who with the Angels and the Dodgers always gave his all -- and now he's being sent 3,000 miles from his West Coast home, playing for a non-contender and while he enters F/A in the future -- the clock is ticking on his time as an MLB starter.........

I don't see a move to Philly -- if this deal is finalized -- good for HK at all.

37 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I see Kendrick as a Zobrist lite ... especially, if he can pick up his game this coming season. Playing multiple positions will help his cause down the road. 

howie has never shown the approach at the plate that zobrist shows. mainly, i just mean bat control. it's plain to see zobrist's plan in an at bat, especially situationally.

howie has the same approach in every at bat.

I read today that Philly has something ridiculously low committed to players after 2017, 2 million (or was it 20?)

Either way it is almost nothing...Howie is just another cog in that wheel that keeps their salary commitment low after next season....

I looked it up and here is something interesting..

When it comes to young talent, the Phillies -- thanks to trades and recent drafts -- have lots of young talent. They also, of course, have money. This is all leading up to something, you know. That something is 2018. Let's take a look at this table showing the Phillies' Opening Day guaranteed contract commitments for this season through 2018 ...

Year Opening day guaranteed contract payroll obligations
2016 $94.3 million
2017 $24.2 million
2018 $2 million

Howie is filler..

9 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I read today that Philly has something ridiculously low committed to players after 2017, 2 million (or was it 20?)

Either way it is almost nothing...Howie is just another cog in that wheel that keeps their salary commitment low after next season....

I looked it up and here is something interesting..

When it comes to young talent, the Phillies -- thanks to trades and recent drafts -- have lots of young talent. They also, of course, have money. This is all leading up to something, you know. That something is 2018. Let's take a look at this table showing the Phillies' Opening Day guaranteed contract commitments for this season through 2018 ...

Year Opening day guaranteed contract payroll obligations
2016 $94.3 million
2017 $24.2 million
2018 $2 million

Howie is filler..

Yes the Phillies will be a monster contender in the next 2 years give or take. They will have a ton of money to spend after the 2018 offseason on all those free agents hitting the market.

5 minutes ago, KevinJ14 said:

Maybe he was the supposed 2B that Angels declined (According to Fletcher)? Therefore, Dodgers dealt him to Phillies. 

We all know one thing, however. It's that Howie wanted out.

I thought that too, but it seems like that would have been confirmed by this point since he was traded or due to the strong Angel org connections Howie has.