• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

1 hour ago, EnglishCop said:

I'm not entirely certain that I was correcting a mistake. I know I made some content upgrades while editing. A masterpiece takes work.

I love that you love me enough to look at my edits. We need a thorough investigator such as yourself on the force. Please join up. You complete me.

What kind of per diem are we talking about? 

On 2/9/2017 at 10:02 AM, Blarg said:

It's a numbers game. Eventually it is going to happen but you can shout at clouds all you want. 

It doesn't look like Trump is getting all that much love from Congress. They are mostly punishing the Democrats for 8 years of Obama policy rubber stamping. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/12/us/politics/trump-gop-lawmakers.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

After three weeks in the White House, Mr. Trump has made clear that he is going to continue promulgating conspiracy theories, flinging personal insults and saying things that are plainly untrue. And the Republican-controlled House and Senate seem to have made a collective decision: They will accommodate — not confront — his conduct as long as he signs their long-stalled conservative proposals on taxes, regulations and health care into law.

“There’s a widely held view among our members that, yes, he’s going to say things on a daily basis that we’re not going to like,” said Senator John Thune of South Dakota, the third-ranking Senate Republican, “but that the broad legislative agenda and goals that we have — if we can stay focused on those and try and get that stuff enacted — those would be big wins.”

Once again, Blarg is unalternarively wrong.

Caveat: at some point, at this rate, eventually Blarg will be correct. He certainly isn't correct now though, and if you predict rain for 30 days and you're wrong you don't get  credit for the 31st day when it finally does rain. You were still wrong 30 days in a row.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

They will accommodate — not confront — his conduct as long as he signs their long-stalled conservative proposals on taxes, regulations and health care into law.”

Ever confront a narcissist let alone one with a history of privilege and now in the most powerful job in the world? They aren't going to change his behavior. That would be the equivalent of getting an alcoholic to stop drinking by telling them to "stop it". So from their perspective they can either align themselves with the devil and make their constituents happy and face the wrath of an angry opposition or instead deal with an angry support base.  Congressional districts being what they are for most it's an easy equation.

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Once again, Blarg is unalternarively wrong.

Caveat: at some point, at this rate, eventually Blarg will be correct. He certainly isn't correct now though, and if you predict rain for 30 days and you're wrong you don't get  credit for the 31st day when it finally does rain. You were still wrong 30 days in a row.

Is this in general or more specific?

They'll accept Trump until they get as much out of him as they think they can, and when they feel they've hit the law of diminishing returns you'll start seeing some of them grow a spine, or you'll start to hear the words impeachment/Pence floated around a bit more. 

You do have to wonder a little though...at this point there has been almost no legislation offered up whereas the Obama administration had already passed the Lilly Leadbetter (sp?) Act and was days away from signing the stimulus package.

14 minutes ago, red321 said:

They'll accept Trump until they get as much out of him as they think they can, and when they feel they've hit the law of diminishing returns you'll start seeing some of them grow a spine, or you'll start to hear the words impeachment/Pence floated around a bit more. 

You do have to wonder a little though...at this point there has been almost no legislation offered up whereas the Obama administration had already passed the Lilly Leadbetter (sp?) Act and was days away from signing the stimulus package.

I'm not sure this group rushing to do anything is a good idea.  I don't think rushing into any law is generally a good thing.

25 minutes ago, Glen said:

My girl Evelyn Taft is right every time.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I'm not sure this group rushing to do anything is a good idea.  I don't think rushing into any law is generally a good thing.

I would agree...my comment was more from the perspective that the first few months/year of a presidency, especially when you control both houses of congress, is usually when you see the most legislation passed or in the works. By late fall of this year folks are already thinking about 2018 midterms. Doesn't mean things won't happen, just interesting to see that there's a bit of dog catching the car going on.

3 hours ago, EnglishCop said:

I'm not entirely certain that I was correcting a mistake. I know I made some content upgrades while editing. A masterpiece takes work.

I love that you love me enough to look at my edits. We need a thorough investigator such as yourself on the force. Please join up. You complete me.

Capital idea, old boy! Maybe we can get @Chuckster70 to issue some kind of aw.com Executive Order.

3 minutes ago, EnglishCop said:

All employees receive unlimited coffee and wine. This applies to the following locations: everywhere. Additionally, all force members receive unlimited food at the In-N-Out location that is closest to their primary residence.

Why can't we just say $250 a day, like a real company would do?

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Man a Trump impeachment is the left's equivalent to Angels fan's having hope for this season. There is just no realistic chance for either but the heart makes it feel real. There is so little upside for the Republicans to do that and many downsides.

I think you take the current relative inaction and presume too much. Pres. Obama had a good idea by early summer that he was very likely to win the office.  For instance they had enough time to design a expansive White House website. The Republicans sweeping the national elections as they did could not have been in the very likely category. Hence the skeleton White House website. And playing catch up on legislation. That doesn't automatically imply though that it isn't coming.