• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Where do you think that Federal Aid money comes from?  It comes from the states and goes back to them at pennies on the dollar.

I just wonder if all states would be likely to offer aid, or if certain states would tell aspiring college students to go F themselves. 

41 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I guess that is my point.  Nothing has been done to fix the issue over how many administrations?  Maybe it is time to try something new.

She may be a clown but I really don't believe she can do any worse.

No Child Left Behind and Common Core have been the most recent attempts to fix the system. More problems than solutions for them, but an effort was made.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

What type of government aid are you talking about?

Financial aid. Student loans, grants and scholarships. Students fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) every year, which is basically the application for federal student aid.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Financial aid. Student loans, grants and scholarships. Students fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) every year, which is basically the application for federal student aid.

This type of stuff is exactly why college tuitions are out of control.

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/08/20/report-federal-aid-rising-tuition/

8 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Well, I think the distribution of money is obviously an issue. Places that spend more per student get better, but still kinda underwhelming results. I think that it's really important where the money is spent. 

http://politicsthatwork.com/graphs/education-spending-median-income

I'm fairly certain that this is said in jest, but they should be paid well if they perform well.

Sure and fired if they don't.  I am all for a free market for teachers rather than some union based pay.  

3 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

The fuck do you know about the life of a public school teacher? If it's so easy/profitable why don't you do it?  

I can say that America elected a spoiled child who doesnt have the balls to release his taxes. While that level of stupidity is incredible, OBVIOUSLY education in America is lacking, just wait until a generation of for profit charter schools gets done with our youth. 

My ex wife is a public school teacher, she's paid very well for the hours and weeks she works.  I don't say that as a slight because she's my exwife, we are still pretty close.  I'm just saying if you make around $80k, you're doing pretty well, especially if you make that amount of money in ten months of work.  You know what her biggest gripe is?  Other teachers not doing their damn job.  As for why don't I go become a teacher?  if I had it to do all over again I would have loved to teach while my kids were in school.  Instead I chose a profession that allowed me an income to provide for my family at a higher level and I made that sacrifice.  

So once and for all colt go fuck yourself with your bullshit on here.  You come across like a twat and it's getting terribly old.  

I think we should be careful to place too much blame for results on the shoulders of teachers.  There are a lot of elements in play when we talk about child development/education.  Are there bad teachers.  Of course.  Do we have a widespread issue of lazy teachers that are protected by their union.  I doubt it.  To me that narrative just reeks of conservative anti labor bullshit.  Republicans do have a point as far as the argument that throwing money at the issue has not had the desired outcome.  Its obviously not a money issue.  

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think we should be careful to place too much blame for results on the shoulders of teachers.  There are a lot of elements in play when we talk about child development/education.  Are there bad teachers.  Of course.  Do we have a widespread issue of lazy teachers that are protected by their union.  I doubt it.  To me that narrative just reeks of conservative anti labor bullshit.  Republicans do have a point as far as the argument that throwing money at the issue has not had the desired outcome.  Its obviously not a money issue.  

It all starts at home. Parental involvement sets the course. If the kid has no direction from their parents, the best teacher will inevitably have little to no overall effect 

On 2/11/2017 at 7:21 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

It all starts at home. Parental involvement sets the course. If the kid has no direction from their parents, the best teacher will inevitably have little to no overall effect 

You are undoubtedly correct. There is no disputing this. It is noteworthy that the first place we typically see evidence of this is in a child's ability or lack thereof to properly utilize simple concepts of punctuation.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I love that @EnglishCop had to edit (correct) his post (for spelling and/or punctuation) shortly after posting. 

I'm not entirely certain that I was correcting a mistake. I know I made some content upgrades while editing. A masterpiece takes work.

I love that you love me enough to look at my edits. We need a thorough investigator such as yourself on the force. Please join up. You complete me.