• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anti-Trump protests

Ive been to a handful of trump protests (they all turn out like this), and let me clarify that the people doing this arent "hillary supporters", "democrats" or any of those other things. These are all dipshits that are using an excuse to cause problems. 

I can guarantee you that not one person in that crowd that was causing problems could tell you anything more about trump, clinton, or bernie than they could about any other world leader. Its not about politics, though they think it is.

Like i said above, none of th businesses that got looted, damaged, vandalized had anything to do with the election.

And all the gang graffiti that showed up in the area during it, well, none of it said anything about politics.

Also like i said above, the amount of pin cusion mothers out there laughing while holding their kid in the middle lf the crowd never stops making me shake my head. 

Some of the irony coming out of all of this is incredible. For 4 years at CAL STATE SAN MARCOS I had to hear about "hate speech, hate speech, hate speech..." and about how we need to be progressive and that the 1st amendment doesn't protect hate speech. After college, I've seen this sentiment echoed throughout the MSM and through social media...

Anyone want to take a guess on whats been populating through social media the last two days? The same progressive ideology spouting off hate speech. 

1 minute ago, Ordos said:

Perhaps you misremember the chants of "Lock her up," the denigration of a race and religion, the implied encouragement of assasination, or the fellow yelling "Jew-S-A"?

But even that lovely behavior is one or two levels of magnitude lower than what we've seen on the left. As in the reactions from the right make me think they are being serious assholes. But the reactions from the left make me worried about their overall well being.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been to a handful of trump protests (they all turn out like this), and let me clarify that the people doing this arent "hillary supporters", "democrats" or any of those other things. These are all dipshits that are using an excuse to cause problems. 

I can guarantee you that not one person in that crowd that was causing problems could tell you anything more about trump, clinton, or bernie than they could about any other world leader. Its not about politics, though they think it is.

Like i said above, none of th businesses that got looted, damaged, vandalized had anything to do with the election.

And all the gang graffiti that showed up in the area during it, well, none of it said anything about politics.

Also like i said above, the amount of pin cusion mothers out there laughing while holding their kid in the middle lf the crowd never stops making me shake my head. 

Most of the news reports I've seen have also stated that these protests aren't full of Clinton supporters. From  what they're reporting, they are social justice warriors, BLM members, and people just looking to start crap. 

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

She's a fucking media attention whore. All celebrities who are calling for protests...use your influence for something better. I actually really liked what Kal Penn said...this isn't the time to bitch and whine and move to Canada...its a time to use our rights as Americans to get MORE involved in the right way (paraphrasing). 

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

But even that lovely behavior is one or two levels of magnitude lower than what we've seen on the left. As in the reactions from the right make me think they are being serious assholes. But the reactions from the left make me worried about their overall well being.

So a slight differ from my side, as I was concerned about both. 

Frankly, the left should learn to sack-up and actually learn to care about people, rather than just using them as pawns. The right, meanwhile, seems to forget that these are actual people.

Thats a good way to put it. But again, i dont think the people doing rhis shit are really political. 

These (at least where i was at) guys are just doing the same shit theyd do on a normal day, just in a large crowd. Meaning cause problems.

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Most of the news reports I've seen have also stated that these protests aren't full of Clinton supporters. From  what they're reporting, they are social justice warriors, BLM members, and people just looking to start crap. 

Nail on head. Its not political. Its not "the left". Its just idiots that are using it as an excuse to do stupid shit.

Just now, Ordos said:

So a slight differ from my side, as I was concerned about both. 

Frankly, the left should learn to sack-up and actually learn to care about people, rather than just using them as pawns. The right, meanwhile, seems to forget that these are actual people.

Agree the right tend to be focused more on taking care of their own, so that others don't have to. As a result they don't like it when they are forced to take care of others.

Just now, Ordos said:

But this is the case regardless of the calendar month. I don't think if Obama had lost in 2008 we would have seen nearly this reaction from the left even if it meant a continuation of the disastrous W legacy in McCain. There would have been a serious emotion toll on the black community, which would have been totally understandable in regards to the disappointment and anger they would have felt, but even then still not the same as now. This is something different and very concerning. Not something I want to see repeated. This is a dangerous path to go down. Especially if the right is targeted the same.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Agree the right tend to be focused more on taking care of their own, so that others don't have to. As a result they don't like it when they are forced to take care of others.

True that. Just wish I would see more of the right teaching the man to fish, rather than tossing them aside. Meanwhile, I wish the left would actually learn to fish, rather than expecting the handout.

But this is the case regardless of the calendar month. I don't think if Obama had lost in 2008 we would have seen nearly this reaction from the left even if it meant a continuation of the disastrous W legacy in McCain. There would have been a serious emotion toll on the black community, which would have been totally understandable in regards to the disappointment and anger they would have felt, but even then still not the same as now. This is something different and very concerning. Not something I want to see repeated. This is a dangerous path to go down. Especially if the right is targeted the same.

Completely agree

16 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Some of the irony coming out of all of this is incredible. For 4 years at CAL STATE SAN MARCOS I had to hear about "hate speech, hate speech, hate speech..." and about how we need to be progressive and that the 1st amendment doesn't protect hate speech. After college, I've seen this sentiment echoed throughout the MSM and through social media...

Anyone want to take a guess on whats been populating through social media the last two days? The same progressive ideology spouting off hate speech. 

I think their definition of hate speech is anything they don't agree with or makes them uncomfortable. 

10 hours ago, mancini79 said:

These are the same people that went ape shat when Trump said he wouldn't concede the election if he lost. So far my favorite quote from this protest "I'm protesting because Trump wants to deport my parents back to Guam". :wacko:

This is interesting. Someone at work (obviously one of the less informed types) said "Trump is going to deport us all." This wasn't one of my foreign born employees, either. I said "Great. I have a list of places where I would like to be sent."