• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anti-Trump protests

10 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I have to wonder, if the situation was reversed, what the conservatives here would say about those protests...

I don't remember mass protesting when Obama was elected President. I know a lot of people were unhappy and said stupid shit and there may have been small gatherings; but I don't remember incidents like this. Am I wrong? I honestly don't know...

From what I remember; it was more so "what has America done..." "we're screwed..." etc.. 

I'm going to sound like an asshole, but fuck these protesters.  If they want to protest sure go ahead and protest, but to go out, start fires, block freeways, throw shit at cops, and break store front windows, well quite frankly they are criminals and their opinion is less valid in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Still totally think they all should have been impeached for this.  The fact that it worked out for them only makes it worse.

The problem is that the Constitution is really vague about the nomination and confirmation of the SCOTUS. 

and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate

How exactly to do you narrow that down to a single meaning?  What implies that the Senate HAS to give consent?  It's a dick move. Not condoning what they did. But other than via the voting box what can be done realistically? 

Oh I know nothing can nor will be done about it.  If they wonder why there are protesters out there blocking traffic and burning stuff they should look no further than their own insufferable behavior for the SCOTUS nomination and when the dems did the sit down protest.

Bunch of big babies.

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don't thinks cons would have done anything close to what we're seeing. 

Look at who's doing the majority of the protesting. They aren't people who understand democracy very well (see TORS's post) nor do they support republican viewpoints.

Priorities such as working and raising kids may get in the way of such extra curricular activities 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'm going to sound like an asshole, but fuck these protesters.  If they want to protest sure go ahead and protest, but to go out, start fires, block freeways, throw shit at cops, and break store front windows, well quite frankly they are criminals and their opinion is less valid in my opinion.  

None of these are even related to protesting

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

No, they just would have bought more ammo and canned food to restock their apocalypse bunkers in Montana and Idaho.

Could one argue that incidents like the Oregon Standoff, or the extreme example of the Oklahoma City Bombing, are the flip-side versions of these protests? Obviously not the same, but I'm curious on your feelings there.

(Disclaimer this isn't really entirely or exactly my argument or beliefs but I'll present it for conversation purposes.) 

The protesters, and the extraordinary social media responses in general, can be directly correlated with the campaigning strategy of H. Clinton.  Seeing as her own popularity was rather toxic practically her entire strategy was to attack Trump on an emotional level. She used considerable fear tactics to scare those willing to listen that Trump was a terrible person into almost a cult level of intensity. (Of course he made that pretty easy) And she cultivated that with slogans such as "I'm with her" and "Stronger together". Of course not every Democrat bought into this strategy and probably rolled their eyes. She isn't exactly the most charismatic leader ever after all. But clearly many bought in at a deeply emotional level. And many in this group began to act in a mob-like mentality with many of the negative aspects associated with this such as bullying and confirmation bias.So when the very unexpected election result occurred the reaction bypassed any rational response and went straight to the reptilian-brain rationale.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

(Disclaimer this isn't really entirely or exactly my argument or beliefs but I'll present it for conversation purposes.) 

The protesters, and the extraordinary social media responses in general, can be directly correlated with the campaigning strategy of H. Clinton.  Seeing as her own popularity was rather toxic practically her entire strategy was to attack Trump on an emotional level. She used considerable fear tactics to scare those willing to listen that Trump was a terrible person into almost a cult level of intensity. (Of course he made that pretty easy) And she cultivated that with slogans such as "I'm with her" and "Stronger together". Of course not every Democrat bought into this strategy and probably rolled their eyes. She isn't exactly the most charismatic leader ever after all. But clearly many bought in at a deeply emotional level. And many in this group began to act in a mob-like mentality with many of the negative aspects associated with this such as bullying and confirmation bias.So when the very unexpected election result occurred the reaction bypassed any rational response and went straight to the reptilian-brain rationale.

I think much of both sides used tactics like these

3 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I think much of both sides used tactics like these

Certainly, it's an election after all, but I don't think it was on the right to such a degree if only based on the resulting emotional reactions.  Perhaps it's harder to have as strong an emotional connection to the issues that would be affected in a Trump loss than a Trump win? If H. Clinton had won the right would have been their normal annoyingly upset selves on social media and such.  Some would likely have thrown a tantrum. But not this reaction that we've seen on the left. A reaction strong enough to necessitate grief counselors and me personally being worried about the literal well being of some of my friends. And of course the violent reactions of some.

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Certainly, it's an election after all, but I don't think it was on the right to such a degree if only based on the resulting emotional reactions.  

Perhaps you misremember the chants of "Lock her up," the denigration of a race and religion, the implied encouragement of assasination, or the fellow yelling "Jew-S-A"?