• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anti-Trump protests

Just getting home, was at the santa ana one all night. Didnt seem to get much press (press was out there, but not seeing it when i google).

Rocks and bottles everywhere, i took one to the helmet. Bunch of fires lit. A few stores looted, graffiti everywhere (some saying "fuck usa"). Mexican flags everywhere.

"No justice, no peace" getting chanted (?).

The crowd was filled with absolute jackasses...people with zero clue of anything more than "trump is racist" and other gems from the alumni of facebook memes university.

The amount of dipshits holding infant kids....while people are lighting fires, throwing m-80s, shooting mortars at us, cars peeling out doing donuts (saw a few pedestrians get hit) says it all. Never ceases to amaze me the amount of late teens/early 20s chicks i see at night pushing strollers at 1 am, through areas we routinely take shootings....

As someone pointed out, hillary won california...and im pretty fucking sure nobody in santa ana voted trump...nor did the looted businesses (7-11, a taco shop and a laundromat from what i saw) elect him...

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just getting home, was at the santa ana one all night. Didnt seem to get much press (press was out there, but not seeing it when i google).

Rocks and bottles everywhere, i took one to the helmet. Bunch of fires lit. A few stores looted, graffiti everywhere (some saying "fuck usa"). Mexican flags everywhere.

"No justice, no peace" getting chanted (?).

The crowd was filled with absolute jackasses...people with zero clue of anything more than "trump is racist" and other gems from the alumni of facebook memes university.

The amount of dipshits holding infant kids....while people are lighting fires, throwing m-80s, shooting mortars at us, cars peeling out doing donuts (saw a few pedestrians get hit) says it all. Never ceases to amaze me the amount of late teens/early 20s chicks i see at night pushing strollers at 1 am, through areas we routinely take shootings....

As someone pointed out, hillary won california...and im pretty fucking sure nobody in santa ana voted trump...nor did the looted businesses (7-11, a taco shop and a laundromat from what i saw) elect him...

Maybe the correct candidate did win.

12 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

wtf och?

Also Wednesday night, an anti-Trump crowd that eventually swelled to about 250 protesters took over an intersection at McFadden Avenue and then traveled down Bristol Street in Santa Ana, said Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.

Some protesters began throwing rocks and bottles at police, he added. The Santa Police Department requested mutal aid from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department to control the crowd.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, but just after 11 p.m. police started firing non-lethal rubber bullets and pepper balls in a bid to disperse the crowd. At least one person was arrested.

wft libs?

Also Wednesday night, an anti-Trump crowd that eventually swelled to about 250 protesters took over an intersection at McFadden Avenue and then traveled down Bristol Street in Santa Ana, said Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.

Some protesters began throwing rocks and bottles at police, he added. The Santa Police Department requested mutal aid from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department to control the crowd.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, but just after 11 p.m. police started firing non-lethal rubber bullets and pepper balls in a bid to disperse the crowd. At least one person was arrested.

12 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Still totally think they all should have been impeached for this.  The fact that it worked out for them only makes it worse.

Another way to look at it is, it's just a game. The Repubs didn't make up the rules they're just playing the game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If Clinton were elected and they ended up with someone more left-wing than Merrick, the Repubs would have lost. In this case they won. Which by the way nobody thought was possible.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

I also heard reports yesterday of college kids who were too upset by the election result to attend class.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-by-trump-victory/

what a bunch of pussies.

i overheard a conversation from the news where even teachers or college professors put tests on hold to give everyone time to grieve.

While I find the reaction of many of these protesters and Libs on tv wildly amusing, I would caution all you Cons to temper your white man celebration dances.

Read Adam's thread.

Lots of white folks with a high school diploma were sick of being talked down to, called racists, called uneducated and sick of (in their minds) not being heard.  If you keep mocking these protesters without trying to understand where their discontentment and fear is truly coming from, you will back in their shoes again in 4 years. 

Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.    (That's pretty good.  I just made that up)

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

Another way to look at it is, it's just a game. The Repubs didn't make up the rules they're just playing the game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If Clinton were elected and they ended up with someone more left-wing than Merrick, the Repubs would have lost. In this case they won. Which by the way nobody thought was possible.

It isn't a game, it is one of their primary jobs as Congress to vet and approve/disapprove of judicial appointments.  It is how the balance of powers is supposed to work.  Refusing to do their jobs is a slap to the folks who put them in office.  It is dereliction of duty.

2 minutes ago, Ordos said:

Under the First Amendment, every citizen has the right to peacefully assemble (and yes, that can include blocking the freeway). When it gets violent, however, the same protections do not apply.

Actually that is not correct.  They have to get approval to protest on government owned land.