• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anti-Trump protests

12 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Sorry your girl lost, don't be too upset. You always have the upcoming trial to look forward to.

Hardly lol. I never really defended Hillary. Thought she'd be better than Trump but that's not exactly an uncommon sentiment. On the other hand, you're shamelessly blowing Trump the same way you blew Bernie. Have you no self-respect?

7 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Oh I know nothing can nor will be done about it.  If they wonder why there are protesters out there blocking traffic and burning stuff they should look no further than their own insufferable behavior for the SCOTUS nomination and when the dems did the sit down protest.

Bunch of big babies.

Do really think any of those protesters put one second of thought into the Supreme Court nomination process?

This is the disconnect , you don't even get your world and theirs are completely different. Hence supporting them is on a false pretense they share your concerns.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Do really think any of those protesters put one second of thought into the Supreme Court nomination process?

This is the disconnect , you don't even get your world and theirs are completely different. Hence supporting them is on a false pretense they share your concerns.

This

Sadly, regardless of who runs for office, its simply a popularity contest. Trump being a reality tv show guy probably helped. But the reality is very few of the general public could explain the 3 branches of government, how they come to office, what they do etc.

And the masses seriously overestimate the powers of the president.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been to a handful of trump protests (they all turn out like this), and let me clarify that the people doing this arent "hillary supporters", "democrats" or any of those other things. These are all dipshits that are using an excuse to cause problems. 

I can guarantee you that not one person in that crowd that was causing problems could tell you anything more about trump, clinton, or bernie than they could about any other world leader. Its not about politics, though they think it is.

Like i said above, none of th businesses that got looted, damaged, vandalized had anything to do with the election.

And all the gang graffiti that showed up in the area during it, well, none of it said anything about politics.

Also like i said above, the amount of pin cusion mothers out there laughing while holding their kid in the middle lf the crowd never stops making me shake my head. 

1. I'm glad you weren't hurt

2. Great analysis. I said in another thread that these protesters remind me of the anarchists that gather at things like the G8 summits in that they're just there to cause trouble and take advantage of the situation. Your firsthand account confirms that.

3. Seriously doubt very many of them voted.

1 hour ago, #CF8 said:

I don't think Trump is a racist but he deliberately said racist shit to drum up support.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think he used it effectively. If he keeps spouting off like that, he's in trouble, but so far his tone has been very humble since Tuesday night, and I think that's extremely necessary in trying to calm things down.

perhaps his handlers are finally getting through to him.

8 hours ago, Ordos said:

Could one argue that incidents like the Oregon Standoff, or the extreme example of the Oklahoma City Bombing, are the flip-side versions of these protests? Obviously not the same, but I'm curious on your feelings there.

I see one major difference being ultra conservatives striking back against the gov't vs. disappointed dems striking back against society. There's no justification for either, really, and both responses are grossly disproportional.