• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

From Social Media - and people wonder why Trump won...

There's no doubt that the Election results were a shocker last night, but before we bluntly call American citizens misogynists and racists, let's not forget the fact that well over 59 Million American people still voted for Clinton. We are still the great nation we are proud to be, and the less/uneducated rural white population does not represent modern American values those have been shaped over the past decade: The 70-year old Trump does not represent our young and diverse population. Of course, America is well in for some reality-TV drama when a reality-TV star is chosen to be president, but let's not let history repeat its course after four years.#electionresults #election2016

1 hour ago, Adam said:

This is probably the best post I've seen.

If there is one hard truth that Professional Liberals and Establishment Democrats need to take from this election, it is that the true sleeping giant in American politics is not the increasing Hispanic population, but rather the self-starting, high school educated, working class and entrepreneurial white population who has spent the last 16 years in hiding from hypocritical judgment and withering condescension. People who disappeared from the daily discourse because they could take only so much public shaming of their love of Big Bang Theory, NASCAR, the military, and America by the Jon Stewarts, Samantha Bees, Saturday Night Lives, and Lena Dunhams of the world.

You can laugh or scoff at this notion if you want, but all you'd be doing is increasing the odds of a Trump 2020 re-election. If you'd like to avoid that, then you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and consider your own complicity in what has gotten us here. Because make no mistake, to a very large swath of the electorate, it has been Liberals who have been the real bullies in this country, this century.

I'd agree with all of that except the military thing. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

And, fuck NASCAR. It's soccer for white people too afraid of being gay to watch soccer.

NASCAR. A sport founded on celebrating the poor whites who blatantly defied law enforcement. How when things change the more they stay the same.

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

I don't feel this election was a condemnation of liberal policies.  Clinton lost because she was a bad candidate.  Heck, she wasn't even a liberal.

She was propped up by the Liberal democrats to be the first woman president, regardless of how unlikeable she was. All along it was touted as a historical campaign rather than the right candidate for the office That is a liberal agenda and it was rejected.

41 minutes ago, Blarg said:

She was propped up by the Liberal democrats to be the first woman president, regardless of how unlikeable she was. All along it was touted as a historical campaign rather than the right candidate for the office That is a liberal agenda and it was rejected.

Exactly. Trumps an idiot. But the hillary supporters were simply voting "not trump", and really werent paying attention to the fine print.

Thats not me backing trump.

I dont go on facebook much these days, but so many chicks i know are blowing it up about how america is too old and white to let a woman lead. The irony of a lot of these younger people who are rioting today is that the only thing seperating hillary and the old white republican whos funded by big business is her lack of a dong. And those are the politicians the left hates to begin with.

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exactly. Trumps an idiot. But the hillary supporters were simply voting "not trump", and really werent paying attention to the fine print.

Thats not me backing trump.

I dont go on facebook much these days, but so many chicks i know are blowing it up about how america is too old and white to let a woman lead. The irony of a lot of these younger people who are rioting today is that the only thing seperating hillary and the old white republican whos funded by big business is her lack of a dong. And those are the politicians the left hates to begin with.

hillary = old and white

probably has a bigger dong than many here.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't think it had much to do with liberal policies either.  I think Sanders could have beaten Trump.

What I do think it was about is Liberal arrogance.  

I think he could have beaten Trump as well.

Bernie last year gave a speech at Liberty University.  He seemed genuinely sincere about wanting to reach out to and interact with an audience with a vastly different ideology from his, at a school that is mocked by many on the left.

I gained a ton of respect for him for doing this.

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't think it had much to do with liberal policies either.  I think Sanders could have beaten Trump.

What I do think it was about is Liberal arrogance.  

I completely agree. Many Democrats didn't realize how disliked that Hillary is, and their "super delegate" system all but assured that she was getting the nomination from the beginning. She was so convinced that Wisconsin was locked up that she didn't campaign there, and Trump snagged it out from under her. My first hint that the evening wasn't going to go according to script was the vote in Florida. It was too close for too long, after most of the so-called experts had counted it as either likely or solidly Clinton. Minnesota, which usually turns blue ten seconds after the polls close, was one of the last states called.

Hillary just isn't likable. When she talks about how much she cares about people, it comes across as scripted and forced. She isn't a warm person, and she is not an engaging speaker. Her whole campaign seemed pre-packaged, and I believe that this is why a lot of people who normally vote Democratic just weren't that on board with her.

Bernie Sanders would have been a far better candidate. My nephew, who is in his early 20s, voted for the first time this year. He was very much into Bernie, but he can't stand Hillary. I believe that a lot of young people feel that way.