• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

Good deal for both teams

Red Sux needed starting pitching, with Price slumping in 2016 and Porcello so far a one year wonder.

This of course has a win it all in 2017 written all over it for the Red Sux.  They still have bullpen issues though.  Will they become big players for either Chapman or Jansen?

Moncada will rake at US Cellular Field.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good deal for both teams

Red Sux needed starting pitching, with Price slumping in 2016 and Porcello so far a one year wonder.

This of course has a win it all in 2017 written all over it for the Red Sux.  They still have bullpen issues though.  Will they become big players for either Chapman or Jansen?

Moncada will rake at US Cellular Field.

They made a pretty good move getting Thornburg this morning.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

I'd be pissed if I was a Red Sox fan. Moncada is going to be special 

They don't really need him to win it all in the next few years though

They have plenty of offense with Pedroia, Betts, Boegarts, Ramirez. Plus they'll probably sign another bat

This is clearly Dombrowski going for it while Price, Pedroia, Hanley, and company are still expected to be productive

3 hours ago, Mark68 said:

He'd still have those games in AZ though, and some of those road games in Cali would be in the late summer non-marine layer months. Not to mention at least one series each in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Philly. So there's about 100 games there. And those 81 games in Coors will absolutely inflate his stats. He'd hit 50 one of those years.

Not to mention he did ok in safeco, oakland and here.

He obviously benefits from the east, but hes not a guy who is warning track power and smaller parks turned him into a slugger.

Hes still a swing no walk guy...no park is gonna change his patience, and even severe parks i dont think sre going to shut him down.

14 hours ago, wopphil said:

But he has had just that one year of excellence, with the rest being merely very good.  If he goes into free agency coming off his typical .850 OPS season, he won't be getting $300+ MIL (let alone $400+).

Agreed.

Harper is a hell of a talent, but ino, so far hes more hype. yes, hes super young, still years and years left of him in his prime. that being said, hes been talked up as a future heir to the inner circle of the hall. Age aside,  the inner circle of the hall mostly hit the ground running...so far he hasnt.

Last year looked like his breakout. maybe it was and he was hurt or something this year. who knows. But so far at least i havent seen a guy you spend 4 or 500 mill on.

White Sox got fleeced!  Top 5 pitcher in the AL, durable albeit with a funky delivery, left handed, SUPER-TEAM FRIENDLY CONTRACT at 3 years /38 mil with the last two as TEAM OPTIONS!!! and all they got were the 3rd best prospect in all of baseball, the team's 4th best prospect, and 2 low-level prospects?  If I was the White Sox I would have required Betts and go from there.  Having ace pitchers on a way below market-value contract with team options for multiple years in his prime years is much more valuable than a prospect that may or may not pan out.      

I would think they would've asked for a young major leaguer in addition to Moancada and Kopech. It's two high ceiling prospects (Kopech was supposedly clocked at 105 MPH) but a young major leaguer like Bradley would've made this worth it.

I look for the White Sox to unload Abreu and Frazier as well as Robertson now. They realized they are the 3rd or 4th best team in their division, and they needed to shake up their roster. The Indians are clearly better, and the Royals recently won the World Series, the Tigers are rebuilding, and the Twins were awful but are loaded in prospects.

11 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Yoan Moncada is ready now and he will rake in the Cell. If they keep Abreu and Frazier, that's gonna be a Murderers' Row...although they'll have to lean more on pitchers like Quintana (who made Sale expendable, I suppose) and Rodon.

The White Sox are said to be having a fire sale. We'll see. 

The latest rumor has Abreu going to the Rockies and Frazier to the Dodgers.

Wow - that's one of the biggest hauls in recent years, with Moncada and Kopech both being A or A- grade talent, and the other guys--Basabe and Diaz--in the B range, I think. Five years from now we could be looking at this as the trade in which the Red Sox traded an MVP and Cy Young candidate in one deal.

And the Red Sox just became really good. If Sale holds up, they're the best team in the AL.

I think that Boston got the better end of the deal. Great return for ChiSox but it seems a bit light in my opinion when you look at other deals. This package is better than the Swanson deal but by how much? Sale is miles better than Miller and I'm not sure this package is that. The asking price for Fernandez was Seager, Pederson, Urias. Seager = Moncada, Urias = Kopech (and I'd say Urias is a bigger get) and Pederson >>  the other prospects. I'd say Sale has more value than Fernandez did last year due to his team-friendly contract and without the injury concerns (though his delivery is concerning). The cost of a guy like Sale I thought would atleast include Devers and Erod. Moncada stings but his need is reduced by the young and controlled core that Boston has. 

A team can expect to kill their farm to land a guy of Sale's caliber in an attempt to win it all. Boston keeps a strong system fronted by blue-chip prospects like Devers and Groome and gets a top 5 pitcher to go along with that core for 3 years at a reliever's salary.

If i remember, werent moncada and baldoquin friends? i assumed at the time that was our big move (assuming that baldoquin was good), was that we signed baldowuin to entice moncada, and the payoff for being out of the international spending for a few years was that we were going to have two big prospects out of nowhere to help the farm.

Ive said it before, dipoto made some great moves in his time and should get credit. he also needs to be called out big for this fail. it obviously wasnt arte being cheap that time, that was dipoto severely overrating and blowing his wad.