• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

The Astros are making a lot of moves.  

Right now, their outfield has Springer, Reddick, Beltran, Teoscar Hernandez, Jake Marisnick, Preston Tucker, Tony Kemp

They've got Correa and Altuve up the middle, McCann and Gattis at C/DH

and then at the corners they have Gurriel, Bregman, Gonzalez, White, Colin Moran

They need starting pitching imo, but something is gonna have to give with their roster.  While I wouldn't consider it a bad problem to have, sometimes when teams have too many prospects you can't find anywhere for them to play and their star tends to dim a bit decreasing their value.    

I feel like they under performed last year.  While Keuchel is a nice player, I don't feel like he's as good as his cy young year, but he's not as bad as he was last year.  If they are able to get a front line starter without giving up any of their top guys from the major league club, then look out.  But if they don't perform this year, I think Hinch is done.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

The Astros are making a lot of moves.  

Right now, their outfield has Springer, Reddick, Beltran, Teoscar Hernandez, Jake Marisnick, Preston Tucker, Tony Kemp

They've got Correa and Altuve up the middle, McCann and Gattis at C/DH

and then at the corners they have Gurriel, Bregman, Gonzalez, White, Colin Moran

They need starting pitching imo, but something is gonna have to give with their roster.  While I wouldn't consider it a bad problem to have, sometimes when teams have too many prospects you can't find anywhere for them to play and their star tends to dim a bit decreasing their value.    

I feel like they under performed last year.  While Keuchel is a nice player, I don't feel like he's as good as his cy young year, but he's not as bad as he was last year.  If they are able to get a front line starter without giving up any of their top guys from the major league club, then look out.  But if they don't perform this year, I think Hinch is done.  

Less than $100M spent and they will do just fine. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Good job answering a legitimate question from Doc?  

I didn't say anything rude to Doc. I didn't knock his post. In fact, I really do believe the Astros have done a great job competing with less money to work with. Particularly since they joined the AL West in 2013. I remember a thread here mentioning how many more wins we were going to get because the Astros were joining our division. The Astros have had a pretty decent offseason and they will be competitive this season without having to overspend.

30 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I didn't say anything rude to Doc. I didn't knock his post. In fact, I really do believe the Astros have done a great job competing with less money to work with. Particularly since they joined the AL West in 2013. I remember a thread here mentioning how many more wins we were going to get because the Astros were joining our division. The Astros have had a pretty decent offseason and they will be competitive this season without having to overspend.

So you aren't going to answer his question, sounds about right.  

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Don't know if this was posted earlier.  But this seems like a perfect fit.  Looks like the draft pick is the big drawback.

Rumor Roundup: Trumbo slugging at Coors?

I think he's better off staying with Baltimore. Coors may be Coors, but he also has to play a ton of games in LA, SF, and San Diego if he's a Rockie. AL East still offers up Fenway, Rogers Centre, and Yankee Stadium.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Wonder if the Rangers will jump in on Encarnacion.
It is also so unbelievably tempting to imagine Encarnacion playing 1B with Cron deal for pitching/2B help. 

We can't afford it if we don't break the CBT threshold.

11 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Padres are "aggressively" shopping Solarte. The Angels need to be all over that, he's exactly what they need at 2nd. They should put him at 3rd but they want to keep Escobar there for some reason. 

Solarte would be great, as he would fill a need both this year and next year. 

Solarte might be the guy that we were targeting during the GM meetings.  Former Yankee picked up off the heap by Eppler.  More bat than defense.  I think they want someone more defensively inclined I think.  I really do see an aybar reunion in our future.  Aybar would also serve as a very capable backup to Simmons.  I think we can do better, but it seems like the obvious move.  Which means it won't happen.