• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yes but there's also some that want this off their minds come the holidays.  Also do you really think with the quality of players left there's a scenario where one of them becomes more valuable?  

More valuable? It's about pulling the trigger at the right time...You can jump too early or too late...Don't think the holidays have anything to do with it...If a team misses on Bautista, they might turn to Revere...it's a timing thing, not a value thing...

13 minutes ago, DMVol said:

More valuable? It's about pulling the trigger at the right time...You can jump too early or too late...Don't think the holidays have anything to do with it...If a team misses on Bautista, they might turn to Revere...it's a timing thing, not a value thing...

There are enough guys like him on the market that his value won't flucuate much if at all.  It is Christmas and he's there, Pagan is there, Coco Crisp is there, and a handful of other guys.  He isn't a fall back option for a team that misses out on Bautista.  Completely different skill sets.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

There are enough guys like him on the market that his value won't flucuate much if at all.  It is Christmas and he's there, Pagan is there, Coco Crisp is there, and a handful of other guys.  He isn't a fall back option for a team that misses out on Bautista.  Completely different skill sets.  

I agree that there isn't a"fall back" option to Bautista in the sense that anybody else has a similar skill set, unless you consider Trumbo an OF'er.....my point was Revere isn't going to jump on a "4th OF'er" contract (read my original post) right now...he can probably get that in Jan/Feb....what he might not get in Jan/Feb is a chance to be a starter, hence my original point...If he really is signing tomorrow, it's likely with a team that has gauged the market (including Bautista) and will give him a chance to start....we'll see...

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

not sure Encarnacion goes to Colorado for the same contract as he went to Cleveland.  

I'm sure he would have if they'd guaranteed that fourth year - and that still would have been a way better path for the Rockies to go down than the one they have taken, without it costing them any more.

To be fair though, it's hard to think of a path that is worse than the one which the Rockies have followed.

5 hours ago, ukyah said:

daniel hudson and ivan nova, our rotation would look a whole lot better, without breaking the bank.

oh well, missed opportunities.

i can only imagine no girl has ever broke up with arte, otherwise how did he ever get married?

Hudson hasn't been a SP since like 2012.   The arm injuries took a toll on him... outside of a lone start a couple of years ago he's been used as s RP.   I think that one start may have been one of those RP specials..

Nova went cheap -- at that price the Angels should have been all over it.

35 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I'm sure he would have if they'd guaranteed that fourth year - and that still would have been a way better path for the Rockies to go down than the one they have taken, without it costing them any more.

To be fair though, it's hard to think of a path that is worse than the one which the Rockies have followed.

Agree.  They are stretching way too early.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Hudson hasn't been a SP since like 2012.   The arm injuries took a toll on him... outside of a lone start a couple of years ago he's been used as s RP.   I think that one start may have been one of those RP specials..

Nova went cheap -- at that price the Angels should have been all over it.

i thought they were breaking him back in to SP in the 2nd half of last year?

edit: sorry i was thinking of patrick corbin.

14 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

I wonder if the Rangers are pursuing Trumbo. I don't his stats in Tex but with his power and that bandbox you would think he would do well 

He fits like a glove there 

no fielder , no Moreland , no Desmond , he can always DH. He might drop 45 bombs a year with 20 coming against the halos 

18 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Isn't his hip about to give way at any moment ?

I would love to see the Rangers give up a draft pick for Napoli, count on Hamilton as a major leaguer, stand pat on improving afterwards, and watch it all finally backfire on them for once and see them trade away the rest of their farm in a last ditch effort to make, and then fall short, of the playoffs - even better if the Angels are ahead of them.

Then they have Darvish and Lucroy walk, Hamels turn into CJ Wilson, and Beltre finally play his age.

30 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

The favorites ... especially if they bring a healthy pitching staff next season.

IMG_6320.PNG

That team is set up beautifully. Great balance all around - lefty, righty, youngsters, vets. Payroll is in great shape. Great pen, strong rotation, good defense, still got a good farm. They'll be a presence for a few years for sure. If things go wrong, they have a couple guys they could sell off for a nice return without denting their chances much either.

AL Central is going to be really interesting next few years.White Sox have loaded up on the farm and have several opportunities to keep adding still. Twins have some exciting youngsters and look to have a new FO that may understand what needs to be done. Royals are going to be in a weird situation - they have a lot of big names close to FA but will still be trying to compete. Tigers should probably do what they can and sell off anyone they can now before Cabrera, Upton, Verlander kill off any trade value they have.