• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

I don't put a lot of stock into wins and losses ... but I do believe there's value in winning. Any major league pitcher will agree with me. 

wins and losses are a team stat.  

major league pitchers don't build teams.  

any sort of 'value' assigned to pitcher wins can be parsed out more appropriately with a little research.  It's pretty easy to see what's noise and what constitutes value that you can attribute to the individual player these days.  

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Good move for both teams. Cubs didn't need to overpay to (likely) replace Chapman. Soler was essentially expendable for them. 
Soler is raw but if he reaches his ceiling he is exactly what the Royals have been seeking for a long, long time. He reminds me of Jermaine Dye.

1 hour ago, ksangel said:

What a WOW for the Rangers...pay Desmond about what the Angels are going to pay Maybin, get a solid season from him, finish in first in the division and have the next draft pick after the Angels and the 28th pick in 2017.  So they stock up their farm system more than the Angels again.

just for clarification because somebody else alluded to the same misunderstanding. the rangers don't get the 11th pick. it's just gone, but they do get a compensation pick between the 1st and 2nd round.

32 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I don't put a lot of stock into wins and losses ... but I do believe there's value in winning. Any major league pitcher will agree with me. 

you think so?

maybe in a year where the team is giving them lots of W's for their pitching efforts. talk to them in the seasons where their pitching is the same, but the team can't find a win for them.

it's happened a billion times over. how many times have you seen a pitcher on a team have a 3+ era and he still loses 15+ games? 

The Nationals and White Sox have agreed to a trade that will send outfielder Adam Eaton from Chicago to D.C., reports Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports. Right-hander Lucas Giolito is going to Chicago, as are other pieces.  Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago reports that right-handers Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning are also in the deal.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

The Nationals and White Sox have agreed to a trade that will send outfielder Adam Eaton from Chicago to D.C., reports Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports. Right-hander Lucas Giolito is going to Chicago, as are other pieces.  Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago reports that right-handers Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning are also in the deal.

Wow what a HUGE overpay for the Nats.