• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

8 hours ago, ettin said:

I'm really laughing hard because I went up to the Seattle area on a business trip and I booked a local hotel and when I drove up that hotel was hosting an annual Big Foot hunt....

They're looking in the wrong place, they should try the Penthouse suite at the Trump Tower in New York.

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Rosenthal tweeted that the Angels have check in on Jason Castro, and are seeking a 2B, a complementary left-handed hitting OF, and a pitcher who can start or relieve. 

I guess sometimes you adjust the plan based on who is available and your budget but I don't see any reason to spend on a C...Bandy and Perez seemingly are a pretty good tandem....On the other hand, I didn't think we needed a SS last winter either....

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I guess sometimes you adjust the plan based on who is available and your budget but I don't see any reason to spend on a C...Bandy and Perez seemingly are a pretty good tandem....On the other hand, I didn't think we needed a SS last winter either....

Well, I have a feeling Billy went into this offseason with a chunk of money he knew he would spend, and there's still some of that left but not many options remaining to spend it on, so he's looking at what is available. There are a lot of affordable vet catchers out there. Not many 2B, not many cheap starters. So I think part of it is just shopping based on what's on the shelf. 

We're still thin on left-handed hitting, Castro would address that. Bringing another catcher into the fold frees up dealing one of Perez/Bandy for a need that isn't available via free agency. They're a great tandem, but also could be a luxury. Both also had major slumps last year. I think Bandy played a bit over his head.

Also we are a slump and a torn hamstring away from starting a Juan Graterol/Francisco Arcia tandem.  

46 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Well, I have a feeling Billy went into this offseason with a chunk of money he knew he would spend, and there's still some of that left but not many options remaining to spend it on, so he's looking at what is available. There are a lot of affordable vet catchers out there. Not many 2B, not many cheap starters. So I think part of it is just shopping based on what's on the shelf. 

We're still thin on left-handed hitting, Castro would address that. Bringing another catcher into the fold frees up dealing one of Perez/Bandy for a need that isn't available via free agency. They're a great tandem, but also could be a luxury. Both also had major slumps last year. I think Bandy played a bit over his head.

Also we are a slump and a torn hamstring away from starting a Juan Graterol/Francisco Arcia tandem.  

Meh....Castro has a little bit of power but I'd rather wait and not spend this quickly just because we've got a little bit of money...don't force things...wait if you have to...

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Dear Hot Stove League, please give us something to talk about.  

I suspect there is a little more tension and uncertainty than is being let on regarding the CBA.

That and with the World Series ending late and Thanksgiving coming early it's just setting up a busy Winter Meetings.

20 hours ago, totdprods said:

Hurry up and get to AAA, Taylor Ward.