• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

D Fowler

jgimondo

19 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I would have loved Fowler, but Maybin in LF for 2017 is just fine and that leaves the Angels open to a big LF signing in 2018.  I'd rather have that option.

while the 2016 class totally sucks, the 2017 class isn't exactly the bees knees.  

Brantley has an option that will get picked up.

Hyun Soo Kim is a FA but who knows if he'll be good then

You've got a 32yo Cargo, JD Martinez, 33yo Cabrera and Melvin Upon.  

Justin Upton can opt out as well.  

Hamilton and Nava will be available.

That's pretty bad actually.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

while the 2016 class totally sucks, the 2017 class isn't exactly the bees knees.  

I didn't realize it was that weak for OF options.

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

On the flip side, if Jones/Hermosillo are still developing positively and we need a stop-gap for a year or two and Maybin flops this year, Kim, CarGo, Upton,and Cabrera are all guys who could be interesting on 2-yr deals, should that fit their market. Revere, Granderson, Cain, and Ethier as well. 

Not praising any of those guys too much and obviously all have their warts, but if a 36-year old Bobby Abreu can still be one of our better short-term signings, no reason that one of these guys couldn't be a decent 2-yr vet stopgap option next season. 

Hopefully Maybin takes off and we have him for that time though.

26 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I would love Fowler but I think Eppler is going to use those funds to upgrade 2B and the pitching, ultimately leaving roughly $15 million or so under the cap (as it stands).

Yeah only scenario would be if Fowler is unsigned going into ST again somehow. 

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I was not impressed with Fowler in the entire postseason and his career numbers are nothing to write home about.

He will probably be overpaid but I hope it's not by us.

Another Garry Matthews, Jr.

With the economics of this team as they are, no way that we pick up a $9M option on an outfielder and then chase one who will be more expensive. Maybin is our left fielder for 2017, and I'm fine with that given the alternatives.

"Another Gary Matthews, Jr".

Dude, really? He's far from GMJ. Consistent numbers throughout his career and a solid lead off guy. That's nothing like GMJ.

Plus he's a solid citizen and a team guy. GMJr was neither.

I don't think he figures or fits with the Angels at this point, but grouping him with GMJr is just plain wrong.

No, it won't happen. Fowler will probably get something like 4/$60M or even 5/$70M and the Angels just don't want to invest $25ish million next year on LF/4th OFer. More likely they give a few million to someone like Peter Bourjos to be the 4th outfielder and spend the rest of their money on building the bullpen, a SP, and 2B.