• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Cameron Maybin for Alcantara

totdprods

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he keeps up the OBP, he's basically our Dexter Fowler. If Maybin can hit 10 HR again like he did a year ago for the Braves, while stealing 25 bags. 

i feel that the angels have a pretty decent middle of the lineup, obviously it never hurts to add another moto hitter, but i subscribe to the idea of making the bottom of the order better by improving the top of the order. by adding quality at the top we are pushing good hitters down the lineup.

for example, a guy like cron hitting fifth is average maybe, at sixth he looks better, but at seventh he's got to be way above average.

I wonder if we do the same thing and sign and trade Escobar for a piece? An arm?

If so, I'd love for Jefry Marte to get the starting gig at 3B with Cowart as our late inning replacement, super utility guy who can play 1B, 2B, SS, 3B and LF. 

Hope we sign Walker for 2B too. 

No real opinion on this other than "Ok". I think the Angels are treating 2017 as similar to 2016. Won't be signing any FA's to big time deals(which I like because this years crop of FA stink) and are looking for mainly 1yr options on guys and hope the team competes

He can't be any worse than what the Angels have been getting from the LF position the past 2 yrs

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

detroit agreeing to the trade on day one of the offseason makes me think the price we paid will be a little higher than many will like.

obvious post was obvious. would've liked to keep alcantara. pretty high price for maybin.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

if he can reproduce his obp from this year and plays his high quality defense, then he will be way more than, meh. if his obp is shit, then he's meh.

I mean, sure, that'd be great.  There's just no reason to believe he will replicate his OBP from this season.  It was almost 60 points higher than anything he'd produced before.  

Also, both BBRef and Fangraphs have him as a below-average fielder the last 2 seasons.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I mean, sure, that'd be great.  There's just no reason to believe he will replicate his OBP from this season.  It was almost 60 points higher than anything he'd produced before.  

Also, both BBRef and Fangraphs have him as a below-average fielder the last 2 seasons.

I would think the move to left field will improve his defense and his defensive WAR.  If I remember right he has a pretty strong arm as well.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

LF Maybin

2B Walker

CF Trout

DH Pujols

RF Calhoun

3B Marte

1B Cron

SS Simmons

C Bandy/Perez

Improve the pen and sign a SP like Hill or Hellickson. Done! 

Hey Chuck,

An earlier post in the Cespedes thread had the Mets giving Walker a QO, not sure he will be available.

Go Halos!!!

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Trading away pitching depth for an OF.  Some things never change.  This org is consistently run by morons.

Trading a guy away who posted a 5.62 ERA and 4.30 ERA respectively in the past two years, with a BAA at .282 & .255, 1.54 & 1.47 WHIP.

Good riddance. 

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

People said on here last offseason that Escobar wouldn't be able to reproduce the season he had with the Nats. 

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

if he can reproduce his obp from this year and plays his high quality defense, then he will be way more than, meh. if his obp is shit, then he's meh.

His career OBP is .322 with last season considered in the totals...I don't think he's tickling .380 again any time soon.  Still, if he sucks, he's gone soon

1 minute ago, 19HALO71 said:

Hey Chuck,

An earlier post in the Cespedes thread had the Mets giving Walker a QO, not sure he will be available.

Go Halos!!!

Here's the latest on that...

The Mets are expected to give a one-year, $17.2 million qualifying offer to impending free agent Neil Walker, reports Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
There still appears to be some debate on the topic, as Rubin writes that the decision "has not yet been cemented" for Walker, but the feeling is that they'll ultimately take their chances. The Mets would receive draft pick compensation if Walker declines and signs with another team, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he accepts. As of now, T.J. Rivera could be the favorite for the second base job. Jose Reyes could also figure prominently if David Wright manages to make it back. Walker, 31, batted .282 with 23 homers and an .823 OPS over 113 games this season before undergoing back surgery in September. Nov 2 - 11:01 AM