• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Cameron Maybin for Alcantara

totdprods

not much of a fan of cameron maybin. although he had a breakout year in active part time duty with the tigers this year. perhaps he liked the american league, perhaps he matured in his age 29 season, or perhaps the tigers are selling high.

if we traded dick for him, then i'll be happy. hopefully, we get some salary relief for him, as well.

remember he was the tenth overall pick by the tigers, eleven years ago. the talent has always been there.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

His speed and '16 OBP gives us at least an option at lead-off, should we move Escobar. Little risky for my taste to slot him into that spot yet, but could be a precursor to an Escobar trade.

i think the angels need to be adding to the good pieces and not shuffling the deck over and over again. while i would like the angels to keep escobar, i would like to see him moved defensively, but that's just not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I like this a lot. Good OBP, good speed, decent power (though not in '16) and an amazing glove for LF.

I guess left field is handled.... next

This season was the first time he's had an OBP above .327.  He's never had more than 10 HR and has only once had more than 20 doubles.

That being said, he's still a hell of a lot better than the clowns we've been sending out there the last couple of years.  As a one-year stopgap, he's acceptable, assuming we don't give up much.

Just now, ukyah said:

i think the angels need to be adding to the good pieces and not shuffling the deck over and over again. while i would like the angels to keep escobar, i would like to see him moved defensively, but that's just not going to happen.

I'm just reading the tea leaves. Not looking to dump Escobar, but Maybin could theoretically cover his spot at the top of the line-up.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

This season was the first time he's had an OBP above .327.  He's never had more than 10 HR and has only once had more than 20 doubles.

That being said, he's still a hell of a lot better than the clowns we've been sending out there the last couple of years.  As a one-year stopgap, he's acceptable, assuming we don't give up much.

If he keeps up the OBP, he's basically our Dexter Fowler. If Maybin can hit 10 HR again like he did a year ago for the Braves, while stealing 25 bags. 

Just now, tehtre said:

Would this still be a good deal if we traded Escobar for Maybin?.. damn

Anyone have an idea how Maybin play defensively at LF?

He's never played there. I believe just CF. But with his speed and arm, he should do fine there. He's got a CF mindset like Trout, and Mike didn't do too shabby when moved there. Nor did Bourjos to LF.