• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Kudos to Arte

yk9001

11 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Buck is a professional broadcaster.

Who is so upset with him, and what exactly are they looking for that he doesn't provide?

I'm with you on this, YK. I've never really understood the over-wrought hatred of him and the job he does. He's decent and calls the game pretty well.

if the same amount of anger were directed at Joe Morgan or Jon Kruk, it'd be perfectly understandable.

p.s. I still miss firejoemorgan.com

On 11/2/2016 at 2:40 PM, yk9001 said:

He hasn't whored out the stadium name for a few sheckles a year.  The naming sequence for the new Comiskey is an embarrassment.

Have some pride, people.

I realize the financial end of it, but I absolutely hate corporate names for sports facilities. Once upon a time, everyone knew what stadium you were talking about by the name alone: Three Rivers, Riverfront and so forth. Now the names are of corporations, and they change whenever the sponsorship ends (or the corporation goes under, like what happened with Enron Field in Houston).

On November 3, 2016 at 9:24 AM, yk9001 said:

Buck is a professional broadcaster.

Who is so upset with him, and what exactly are they looking for that he doesn't provide?

I don't think anyone is upset with him, we just don't care to listen to him, like you with Gubi. His slobbering over the Cubs this year was nauseating, however. I had to keep looking around the field to see if there was another team on the field. 

I actually have no problem with Reynolds. I only like Gubi when he talks about pitching. He makes some great comments when he does. 

I don't care one bit about the stadium name (but agree about the CWS park's name), "of Anaheim", announced attendance, stadium food prices, a prospect rotting on the bench....

On 11/3/2016 at 9:58 PM, Puget Sound Angel said:

If Arte has no sold the naming rights, it's because no corporation wants to be associated with the team or the stadium.

Have you watched TV or been outside recently? There is no pile of garbage too small for some company to slap a logo on, or become they official product of. 

IMO it's ju8st a matter of time before corporations are allowed to sponsor individual teams, and the teams will carry a sponsor patch on the uniforms. It's already happening in other sports and in other countries. But let's not stop there:

"The pitcher goes into the stretch on the GE mound. He steps off the Microsoft pitching rubber, and throws to first base, brought to you by Firestone. The runner talks to the first base coach, standing in the Subaru first base box. The manager gives a sign out of the Taco Bell dugout, which is relayed by the third base coach in the Ford coaching box to the hitter standing in the American Airlines right hand batter's box."

15 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

IMO it's ju8st a matter of time before corporations are allowed to sponsor individual teams, and the teams will carry a sponsor patch on the uniforms. It's already happening in other sports and in other countries. But let's not stop there:

"The pitcher goes into the stretch on the GE mound. He steps off the Trojan pitching rubber, and throws to first base, brought to you by Firestone. The runner talks to the first base coach, standing in the Subaru first base box. The manager gives a sign out of the Taco Bell dugout, which is relayed by the third base coach in the Ford coaching box to the hitter standing in the American Airlines right hand batter's box."

FIFY

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Except that he does...   The only stipulation is that it has to have of Anaheim..    It's called Angel Stadium at Arte's call..

ummm, so he has to lease the stadium from himself?

good thing he gave himself an opt-out clause 

On 11/3/2016 at 9:58 PM, Puget Sound Angel said:

If Arte has no sold the naming rights, it's because no corporation wants to be associated with the team or the stadium.

Are you this wrong about the other things in your life, or is it confined to your fandom of the halos?

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Except that he does...   The only stipulation is that it has to have of Anaheim..    It's called Angel Stadium at Arte's call..

If Arte had the naming rights he would've already cashed in on it. The (insert name of selected corporation here) Stadium of Anaheim is too easy. That revenue source could've helped offset the stadium renovation costs. 

Arte and the COA politicians have no vision. Many other MLB teams have new stadiums or have developed their stadium venues. 

GREED!

4 hours ago, Lou said:

ummm, so he has to lease the stadium from himself?

good thing he gave himself an opt-out clause 

He has control over the naming rights..   http://articles.latimes.com/2003/dec/29/sports/sp-angels29

"Under their lease agreement with Anaheim, the Angels retain all revenue from naming rights but must include "Anaheim" within the stadium name. However, Edison International Field of Anaheim typically is shortened to Edison Field."

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

If Arte had the naming rights he would've already cashed in on it. The (insert name of selected corporation here) Stadium of Anaheim is too easy. That revenue source could've helped offset the stadium renovation costs. 

Arte and the COA politicians have no vision. Many other MLB teams have new stadiums or have developed their stadium venues. 

GREED!

Actually, Moreno went on record as saying he thought Stadium names like Yankee Stadium and Dodger Stadium were iconic and stood out - so he was choosing not to sell the rights to press forward with the "Angels" brand..   Here is an article that sort of touches on it 

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/dec/30/sports/sp-angels30

But by all means -- keep on doing what you do.   

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Lou, I think what the OP, myself and IP are saying is that Arte has the naming rights to the stadium.  I am not positive that is true, but I thought I read that somewhere back when it went from being Edison to Angels.  

Oh! got it.

carry on