• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official World Series Thread

Tank

1 minute ago, Oz27 said:

This is a pretty good take...

AL WC gm was 26 days ago. The way we've seen Miller/Jansen/now Chapman used, it feels like it was 26 yrs ago. Imagine Britton not pitching?

I had the same thought when they showed Britton come out to receive his 'Reliever of the Year' award. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I had the same thought when they showed Britton come out to receive his 'Reliever of the Year' award. 

lol yep. Buck's decision looks so out of place now.

This postseason is going to do insane things to the reliever trade and free agent market. I estimated $75 million for Jansen and I'm starting to wonder if that is low.

had to chuckle a bit when early in the game, maybe around the 4th inning, one of the indians hit a foul ball down the right field line and hayward had to hold on to the wall to make the catch. the funny part was seeing the fans back WAY off and avoid trying to catch the ball. no need for another bartman incident in a playoff game at wrigley.

8 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Case #4794310 of why it's silly to judge a player based on small postseason samples: Javier Baez

baez.jpg

So from what it sounded like while listening and what this looks like, the Cubs are still super amped up and forgetting what got them here in the first place. 

They need to watch the balls, swing at strikes, not be so anxious, and come out ready to HIT THEIR PITCH on Tuesday. I think the nerves might be getting to them.

The way this series feels though is like the NLCS before the Cubs woke up the bats with the bunt. Yeah they skimmed by tonight, but even when they're winning it's like they're fighting an uphill battle. They are going to need to start hitting A LOT better if they expect to push it to game 7, where anything can happen there. 

10 runs in 45 innings of baseball is really just crapping the bed and putting a ridiculous amount of stress on your pitchers. 

I never want baseball to end, so I hope this goes to 7 games, but honestly, the Cubs need to wake the eff up. Also, might be wrong, but I really am not a fan of this Fowler guy or how he's hitting. I know he doesn't have the lowest postseason average on the team, but IMO as a leadoff hitter, he just does not seem to be getting the job done. 

Unfortunately, with the way things have gone, I think the season ends on Tuesday. 

On 10/28/2016 at 4:29 PM, Angel Oracle said:

The Cubs fans really seemed to get into that song after the NLCS conclusion.   How long has it been around?

I'm guessing here, but It's been around since at least the 90's, and probably the 80's. It was written by Stevie Goodman, who wrote "City Of New Orleans" and a lot of other songs. He died young of leukemia. I remember going to a benefit concert for him with Dylan, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, and others. He was a lifelong Cub fan.

I imagine you can find out more  by Google-ing Steve Goodman.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

had to chuckle a bit when early in the game, maybe around the 4th inning, one of the indians hit a foul ball down the right field line and hayward had to hold on to the wall to make the catch. the funny part was seeing the fans back WAY off and avoid trying to catch the ball. no need for another bartman incident in a playoff game at wrigley.

Cub fans, for the most part, have understood the lack of foul territory there forever. It's the beauty of that ballpark, being able to hear the players, the snap of the glove, the whoosh of the ball, smell the grass in the upper deck...That's what made the Bartman incident so bad. 

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I'm guessing here, but It's been around since at least the 90's, and probably the 80's. It was written by Stevie Goodman, who wrote "City Of New Orleans" and a lot of other songs. He died young of leukemia. I remember going to a benefit concert for him with Dylan, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, and others. He was a lifelong Cub fan.

I imagine you can find out more  by Google-ing Steve Goodman.

Thanks

Cubs have a solid chance.   Arrieta dominated the Indians in game 2, and Hendricks did the same in game 3.   The only downsides are 1) Hendricks' road ERA in 2016 was significantly higher than it was at Wrigley Field (mid 1.00s), and 2) Indians pen has been ridiculous.

The Cubs will need to have the lead late into each of games 6-7, and hope that Chapman can pitch 2+ innings in each of them.   Maddon seems to have only a little faith in Rondon, Strop, and Wood?   

How will Kluber fare in game 7, if needed, making his 3rd start in 8 days?   Granted, he's only averaged 6 innings/post-season start after averaging closer to 7 innings during the season.  He also could be attempting to become the first starter with 3 WS victories in a single WS in 48 years (Mickey Lolich in 1968).   The Big Unit won 3 games in 2001's WS, but one was in relief in game 7. 

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Thanks

Cubs have a solid chance.   Arrieta dominated the Indians in game 2, and Hendricks did the same in game 3.   The only downsides are 1) Hendricks' road ERA in 2016 was significantly higher than it was at Wrigley Field (mid 1.00s), and 2) Indians pen has been ridiculous.

The Cubs will need to have the lead late into each of games 6-7, and hope that Chapman can pitch 2+ innings in each of them.   Maddon seems to have only a little faith in Rondon, Strop, and Wood?   

How will Kluber fare in game 7, if needed, making his 3rd start in 8 days?   Granted, he's only averaged 6 innings/post-season start after averaging closer to 7 innings during the season.  He also could be attempting to become the first starter with 3 WS victories in a single WS in 48 years (Mickey Lolich in 1968).   The Big Unit won 3 games in 2001's WS, but one was in relief in game 7. 

And don't forget they will have the Schwarbomber in the lineup...I feel good about their chances

Here's a pretty interesting article about Baez from the Cubs FO perspective and the scouts who brought him in, and coaches who are working with such an amazing young talent.

Yeah he has had some crazy bad swings, but they knew all about his tendencies when they drafted him (with the pick after Lindor BTW) but his instincts were off the charts out of HS ...you've all seen the defense and the TAGS, the tags are insane good, almost unbelievable..anyhow here's some insight into the guy, and the Cubs thinking..

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cubs/why-cubs-made-high-risk-high-reward-play-build-around-javier-baez