• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A-Rod: "Joe Maddon was the Angels' mastermind."

ABC

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

The number one overall pick is a much less of a crapshoot.  

#1 overall picks by the tampa bay franchise

1999- josh hamilton

2003- delmon young

2007- david price

2008- tim beckham

Only one of those amounted to anything relevant for the rays

6 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Most of the good players were already here before Bill Stoneman  became  GM. You're an idiot.  Troy Gloss, Darin Erstad, tim salmon ,Bengie Molina,Garret Anderson ,

Glaus was gone after 2004 after only contributing 149 games since 2002 and the Angels continued to be successful. Salmon was gone by 2006. Erstad was never the player he was in 2001. All of the players you mentioned aged out or moved on and yet Stoneman found a way to keep feeding the club quality players from both the minor leagues and free agency.

But the fact remains no other GM took all of the pieces and assembled a World Series winner. No other GM maintained such a long period of continued success for the franchise. Those pieces were in place because Stoneman didn't pull the trigger on trades which would have busted up the team, he was steadfast against trading Edmonds and yet under duress still picked up a game changing player in Kennedy in trade.

If you actually knew even a small bit about the franchise and it's history over just being an angry asshole about Scioscia you might have some valuable input. But instead you are just an angry asshole. 

10 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

In November, 2005, the then-Devil Rays had just finished their eighth straight season of at least 90 losses. Joe turned them around.

once again...

Tampa Bay's record:

2014 =   77-85 (Maddon's final year as manager)

2015 =   80-82

I noticed you skipped right over this:

Maddon: In his first 9 years managing in the majors, 0 World Series titles

Scioscia: He won a WS title in his 3rd year. 

On 10/24/2016 at 10:13 AM, RallyMo said:

Your lack of decent burger options must be affecting your memory and judgment.

Scioscia has always performed admirably with a decent roster.

Hell, even this year he generally exceeded what should be expected.

Maddon, on the other hand, notsomuchman: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/standings/

If Scioscia had managed the Cubs, they'd likely be in the same place they are now. Don't kid yourself.

He did perform admirably, right up until his big 3 assistants left.  Coincidence?

23 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

My parents had season tickets since 1966. I'm sure that have been to more Angel games  then any person on this message board. I'm an Angel fan. I remember going to a lot of games with only 10,000 fans in attendance. Have a nice day. Jim Fregosi , Bobby Knopp, and Buck Rodgers lived around the corner from me.

What a coincidence,  Bob,  my first game to attend was at the brand new ballpark in 1966. I watched the revolving door of managers and General Managers and Stoneman was the only one to create a consistent product and Scioscia the only manager to maintain that. 

2002-2009 was by far the best time so far for this franchise.

Admittedly, 2007-2009 was without both Black and Maddon.

As much as anything, we need both a return to the stable farm system of that decade and to responsible spending (but not  shying away from it while also making sure to refrain from Hackilton type signings).