• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

United Airlines

I had to fly to Austin last minute because my nephew was in an accident.  We needed to change our flight by a day and they wanted to charge $250 a ticket for my wife and I,  but it's only $75 a piece to change the flight if you still fly out the same day.  They said they could give us a refund of $200 with a doctors note but it sounded to arbitrary for me and I was skeptical.  So I'm flying home tonight instead of the morning.  Pretty pissed about it.  

My last experience with United was flying with my stepdaughter for a campus visit at Virginia Tech in February (she had applied for their veterinary school). On the way back, we boarded our flight from O'Hare to Vegas - where we sat for an hour and 40 minutes. Apparently the company who is contracted to refuel aircraft had a bunch of people call off that night and it was taking forever for planes to be refueled. My response - which I shared with the airline - is that they knew this, and they had no business boarding the flight until they knew that the plane was refueled or close to it.

BTW, I don't like United, and I wasn't the one who booked with them.

33 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My last experience with United was flying with my stepdaughter for a campus visit at Virginia Tech in February (she had applied for their veterinary school). On the way back, we boarded our flight from O'Hare to Vegas - where we sat for an hour and 40 minutes. Apparently the company who is contracted to refuel aircraft had a bunch of people call off that night and it was taking forever for planes to be refueled. My response - which I shared with the airline - is that they knew this, and they had no business boarding the flight until they knew that the plane was refueled or close to it.

BTW, I don't like United, and I wasn't the one who booked with them.

Gate time is really structured, especially at a main hub like O'Hare. Unless the flight scheduled after your flight is late, they basically have no choice but to back you out, and let you sit on the tarmac. It happens a lot when the weather is bad and they have to wait for overworked de-icing crews...plus once you're backed from the jetway, people can't demand to get off and then want to get back on which is a nightmare for security reasons.

Signed,

Ex Airline Operations Dude.

26 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Gate time is really structured, especially at a main hub like O'Hare. Unless the flight scheduled after your flight is late, they basically have no choice but to back you out, and let you sit on the tarmac. It happens a lot when the weather is bad and they have to wait for overworked de-icing crews...plus once you're backed from the jetway, people can't demand to get off and then want to get back on which is a nightmare for security reasons.

Signed,

Ex Airline Operations Dude.

That's the thing: We weren't backed out. We just sat at the gate.

never had an issue with united, actually they used to hook me up with free drinks for doing normal courtesy shit like helping old ladies with putting their bags in overhead bins.

there's always going to be ridiculous fees, to my knowledge margins are pretty thin in the airline industry.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

never had an issue with united, actually they used to hook me up with free drinks for doing normal courtesy shit like helping old ladies with putting their bags in overhead bins.

there's always going to be ridiculous fees, to my knowledge margins are pretty thin in the airline industry.

funny enough. bring the flight attendants something like chocolates or some other treat. they will 90% of the time hook you up with free drinks after that.

I had no choice but to fly them last night from Austin to Denver to LA.  

My original flight was non-stop from Austin to LAX, but when I had to change the flight I couldn't get a direct flight, not because there weren't direct flights available but because that flight was more expensive than my original flight.  

They suck.  I even asked, what if those seats were still available an hour before take off and they gave me some bullshit line about their computer not allowing them to do it regardless of the number of seats available.