• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

It's Official: Scioscia back in 2017

Just now, Oz27 said:

Didn't old mate R Munkee get the flick for that? I always preferred him. He was more funny.

that dude got banned for turning every thread into a flame on vladdy.  

they don't compare.

Just for reference, troll daddy used to be pimpmyteam but Chuck changed his screen name to troll daddy.

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

He's not an idiot, he's a troll.  You are acting like he believes the things he posts.

I do believe ... I'm just old school. I don't believe the organization is in any way shape or form in a 'terrible state". I truly believe the team can compete for the divisional title next season. 

I'm not one to continually slam the organization. To each his own ... Is that so wrong? 

6 hours ago, tomsred said:

Why do you think that will be the case?  He will be 60 in 2018, not nearly the oldest in baseball as a manager.  There are no signs that he won't be returning beyond his current contract.

The team's best years, at least on a consistent basis, ended in 2009.  I don't think Arte will buy out Scioscia's contract,  but when the contract is up, I think he will decide that the team needs to change course if they don't win a World Series or at least a pennant in the next two years.  I don't think they will.  From 2004-2009 we were a World Series contender every year and didn't do it any of those years.

2 hours ago, California Cajun said:

The team's best years, at least on a consistent basis, ended in 2009.  I don't think Arte will buy out Scioscia's contract,  but when the contract is up, I think he will decide that the team needs to change course if they don't win a World Series or at least a pennant in the next two years.  I don't think they will.  From 2004-2009 we were a World Series contender every year and didn't do it any of those years.

I've mellowed in my general dislike of Mike over the years, and despite my similarly general belief in the playoffs as a crapshoot, I do hold Scioscia somewhat accountable for the lack of postseason success post 2002. I can say though that it is certainly possible that Mike prepares his players for the post season the right way, and he's just been unlucky.

7 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Based on the comments by Troll Daddy and Stradling, I guess we can conclude they are ALL IN on Scioscia being extended beyond his current contract;  never mind fulfilling his current one.

Amazing, just amazing.

Even when the guy has the personnel (which, admittedly, he didnt this year), he screws the pooch, constantly.

Scioscia only appears decent when compared to the jobs that Dipoto and Arte did. He ends up being the least responsible for this disaster of an organization.

What a ringing endorsement that is.

it's been clear to me for some time that MS DIDNT actually win us a WS. Joe Maddon did.

You have horrible reading comprehension 

How many here think Scioscia completes what? his 20th year with the Halos in 2017 and then that's it.

I don't think he gets 'fired' -- I think he gets kicked upstairs as a special assistant to the owner or something like that.

I just don't see Scioscia remaining skipper of the Halos past 2017.

I could be wrong, have been before.

2017 season --

we were 74-88 this year.

next year (and I don't see major acquisitions during the off-season that will change much) we might be looking at a 4 game improvement -- 78-84.

I see Seattle getting better; Texas remaining tough after a wire to wire season in the AL West -- Houston -- not sure what happened to them this year -- their pitching just fell flat I guess -- but I see a rebound for them............so here we are -- battling Oakland for fourth place again - and I don't see Oakland doing much - MLB by blocking their ability to move has really hindered that organization from moving forward........the City of Oakland does nothing for them -- the Raiders own the town (but are not very good these days);  the Warriors are heroes but short term tenants moving to SF soon........and meanwhile MLB (and the Giants) block their move to San Jose, the Giants moved their PCL team from Fresno to Sacramento IMO just to stop the A's from contemplating a move to Sacramento (where the River Cats AAA team on some nights would out draw the A's 'crowd' at the Oakland Coliseum) and A's should be the favorites/ front runner for an MLB team in Las Vegas but it won't happen -- MLB will block that, too.

So Halos finish fourth in 2017 -- Scioscia's swan song year?

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

You want him banned for ridiculous posts?  The forum would lose 65% of its posters with that rule.  

Tell me about it. I'd be included in that ban roundup post-haste.

FTR, Troll Daddy does not bug me in the least. He's so harmless. I can't recall one time he personally attacked anyone or went off on another person that posts. I'm not sure if I even remember him using profanity. If you're dumb enough to take him seriously, that's on you. TROLL is in his name, and he's not even that good of one. He, like AO, is one of the many spices that is AngelsWin. Wouldn't change that for the world. 

8 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

^^^^^^

What the hell? How did I miss out on Ginger Wig Day???

Am I wrong or does ^ mean the post immediately above yours and ^^^^^^ mean the post 6 posts above yours? 

I see people use ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and I'm like, dude, you only need one.

Is this just something I made up in my head that annoys me or is there any truth to my theory?

3 hours ago, disarcina said:

2017 season --

we were 74-88 this year.

next year (and I don't see major acquisitions during the off-season that will change much) we might be looking at a 4 game improvement -- 78-84.

I see Seattle getting better; Texas remaining tough after a wire to wire season in the AL West -- Houston -- not sure what happened to them this year -- their pitching just fell flat I guess -- but I see a rebound for them............so here we are -- battling Oakland for fourth place again - and I don't see Oakland doing much - MLB by blocking their ability to move has really hindered that organization from moving forward........the City of Oakland does nothing for them -- the Raiders own the town (but are not very good these days);  the Warriors are heroes but short term tenants moving to SF soon........and meanwhile MLB (and the Giants) block their move to San Jose, the Giants moved their PCL team from Fresno to Sacramento IMO just to stop the A's from contemplating a move to Sacramento (where the River Cats AAA team on some nights would out draw the A's 'crowd' at the Oakland Coliseum) and A's should be the favorites/ front runner for an MLB team in Las Vegas but it won't happen -- MLB will block that, too.

So Halos finish fourth in 2017 -- Scioscia's swan song year?

Im not saying this to defend sosh (and i dont think you posted that for that reason either), but if we go into this winter and only make marginal upgrades, like we have the last 2 years or so, i cant really put it on sosh (or whoever would replace him) for not being as good as texas and houston, and a possibly better seatlle.

You look back and see how much houston has improved from just 3 or so years ago, how much texas improved from the 2000s, and its not the manager hirings that did it for either. Its a strong front office, that built a strong team. 

No idea if we sign anyone this year (have a feeling about reddick), but lets say we sign a LF of substsnce. We still have a hole at 2B and C, 3B could fall off, still a weak pen and no pitching. So lets say we sign a LF and say chapman. Great. We still have a weak pen (though chapman and cam bedrosian could be a nice back end), weak 2B and C, and no pitching. 

Forgetting for a moment what sosh is good or bad at, hed look a lot smarter if his staff wasnt a collection of chacin, nolasco and company. He looked decent when shoemaker pitched this year, for example.

i don't understand this belief that it's a wasted career if you don't win a championship, especially in baseball.  Sure you'd like to win one, but so many great athletes have had hall of fame careers and not won it all.  Also the one person who may cost Trout a championship is the same one that is going to pay him close to $500 million over the course of his career.  If Trout signs an extension, and I believe he will, then he understands the risk involved.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

i don't understand this belief that it's a wasted career if you don't win a championship, especially in baseball.  Sure you'd like to win one, but so many great athletes have had hall of fame careers and not won it all.  Also the one person who may cost Trout a championship is the same one that is going to pay him close to $500 million over the course of his career.  If Trout signs an extension, and I believe he will, then he understands the risk involved.  

Trout's agent said this about his last contract extension. 

"We like the length of this deal. We feel that this keeps our options open down the road."

19 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Trout's agent said this about his last contract extension. 

"We like the length of this deal. We feel that this keeps our options open down the road."

And Trout wanted to go 13 years -- instead of 6...

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mike-trout-angels-ended-up-meeting-in-the-middle-on-monster-contract-041714

So, where does put things?