• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

34 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Can you imagine our bullpen pitching eight-plus innings in a playoff game? 

good bullpens are like erections.  You expect them but there is still a sense of relief when it happens.  When it doesn't, it makes you angry, bitter, and confused.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

good bullpens are like erections.  You expect them but there is still a sense of relief when it happens.  When it doesn't, it makes you angry, bitter, and confused.  

you've obviously never been to an all male review. getting a boner, will make you angry, bitter, and confused.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

No offense, but one of the main things that those who cast stones at him are lacking is a greater understanding of how pretty much every other manager in baseball does their job on a very specific basis.  Watch an entire season's worth of games managed by the guys you think are better.  I think you'll find way more parallels than not.  

As much as Homebrewer's argument is, well, not supported by facts I don't think it's right to tar Scioscia critics with the same brush. There are some very valid reasons to want Scioscia out, even if that particular poster did not express them.

I somewhat agree with the point I quoted. My favorite three managers are probably Francona, Maddon and Girardi and it's easy to point to recent examples of all of them doing things I would consider sub-optimal. The Cubs still bunt in some inexplicable circumstances. Girardi had four months of Betances, Miller and Chapman and showed no creativity in his use of them. Francona managed to get fired by a very smart organization not all that long ago, even if hindsight would suggest that was an unwise decision. Having said that, there are still significant flaws with a Scioscia-led organization that I cannot overcome or support.

2 hours ago, Oz27 said:

As much as Homebrewer's argument is, well, not supported by facts I don't think it's right to tar Scioscia critics with the same brush. There are some very valid reasons to want Scioscia out, even if that particular poster did not express them.

I somewhat agree with the point I quoted. My favorite three managers are probably Francona, Maddon and Girardi and it's easy to point to recent examples of all of them doing things I would consider sub-optimal. The Cubs still bunt in some inexplicable circumstances. Girardi had four months of Betances, Miller and Chapman and showed no creativity in his use of them. Francona managed to get fired by a very smart organization not all that long ago, even if hindsight would suggest that was an unwise decision. Having said that, there are still significant flaws with a Scioscia-led organization that I cannot overcome or support.

IMG_5898.PNG

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Yes, with how many teams? Angels have also been saddled with Reagins and Dipshit. It might of been more games if the middle of the lineup actually hit the ball. 

Napoli has made the best of every situation he's faced in his career. How many teams will Mike Trout have to play for to participate in 43+ playoff games? 

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

Mike Napoli. Killing it in the playoffs. In the World Series again after Skip wouldn't give him the time of day. 

How f***ing stupid is this Angels Organization. 

Fun with facts...

Mike Napoli's 510 plate appearances in his final year in Anaheim are more than he got in any one year in Texas, and more than he got in all but one year in Boston.   His 140 games played that final season in Anaheim are the second highest total in his career after this season..

I do agree the Angels were stupid to make the Wells trade.

Just now, Blarg said:

I thought you were going to take a break, watch some hockey or some sort of Canadian thing.

The Washington Expos were already eliminated so now it's off to the Montreal Canadiens. 

I still believe that getting rid of Napoli was a mistake. He should still be in an Angels uniform. 

The whole Scioscia didn't like Napoli take here is way over played.

Mike was in limbo land without a position to play and going to arbitration to get paid. Unfortunately, some idiot thought we could make a splash with a trade for VW. Obviously, the Blue Jays didn't acknowledge a gift horse handed to them. 

Napoli has a simple powerful swing. 

21 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

The whole Scioscia didn't like Napoli take here is way over played.

Mike was in limbo land without a position to play and going to arbitration to get paid. Unfortunately, some idiot thought we could make a splash with a trade for VW. Obviously, the Blue Jays didn't acknowledge a gift horse handed to them. 

Napoli has a simple powerful swing. 

Yes it gets overplayed -- but at the end of the day -- that bat needed to be in the lineup somewhere.   Be it 1B, DH, C, LF..   The Angels failed to utilize a valuable asset.   Of all the crap flung at MS, I'd argue his under utilization of Mike Napoli is possibly the biggest negative on his resume.   

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes it gets overplayed -- but at the end of the day -- that bat needed to be in the lineup somewhere.   Be it 1B, DH, C, LF..   The Angels failed to utilize a valuable asset.   Of all the crap flung at MS, I'd argue his under utilization of Mike Napoli is possibly the biggest negative on his resume.   

Well to be honest about Napoli he was more bat than glove. He was a lousy catcher,  the Rangers figured that out and made him a 1st baseman/DH. He only played 11 games in the outfield and that was for the Red Sox who never let him catch. 

The Angels wanted to move Abreu to DH and moved Hunter to right with Bourjos in center. Trumbo took over at 1st for Morales with the belief he would be back mid season. They needed a left fielder.

A bad trade was made but not with the wrong guy but for the wrong guy. 

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Not sure of the wisdom of using Kluber on three-days' rest, but Francona so far has made all the right moves.

I thought the same thing...at first...but the Tribe don't have another starter right now and IF the Jays were to force a Game 7, Kluber would be ready.

52 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He was a lousy catcher,  

Blarg, he wasn't a lousy catcher...he wasn't an All Star but he wasn't lousy.  Scioscia had to justify Mathis' continued existence with nebulous CERA and advanced squatting metrics otherwise the defensive numbers/caught stealing %  weren't much different.  

He also caught both seasons he was in TEX (62 games in 2011 and 71 games in 2012) with a 27% CS