• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

12 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

You mean his closer wasn't eating fried chicken and drinking beer in the clubhouse??

I REALLY wanted Tito when he was available the same year Scioscia got his 10 year extension, but the geniuses here could only talk 'Chicken and Beer" "Chicken and Beer"

Blah Blah Blah...

Blah blah blah indeed...

Francona wasnt made available until 2012, he didnt manage again until 2013.   Mike Scioscia signed his 10 year deal after the 2008 season after the Angels won 100 games.    

So, yeah.  Blah blah blah, you couldn't be more full of shit.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Blah blah blah indeed...

Francona wasnt made available until 2012, he didnt manage again until 2013.   Mike Scioscia signed his 10 year deal after the 2008 season where the Angels won 100 games.    

So, yeah.  Blah blah blah, you couldn't be more full of shit.

At the end of 08,  Scioscia's contract was up, and so was Tito's ...all the talk was who could possibly take over for the GREAT HOF manager already in place in Anaheim. Francona's contract was up  and he was heavily discussed as a possibility.  

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

At the end of 08, with Scioscia's contract up in 2009...all the talk was who could possibly take over for the GREAT HOF manager already in place in Anaheim. Francona's contract was up and he was heavily discussed as a possibility.  

And then you said we were all talking about fried chicken, remind us again, when was the fried chicken situation in Boaton?

11 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

At the end of 08, with Scioscia's contract up in 2009...all the talk was who could possibly take over for the GREAT HOF manager already in place in Anaheim. Francona's contract was up and he was heavily discussed as a possibility.  

Sigh.... your story is still complete bullshit.   

Francona had his contract extended Feb 24th 2008 to manage though 2013 (three years and two options). Mike Scioscia was resigned in January of 2009.   Francona was cut loose after 2012 and the Chicken and Beer incicdent.

Perhaps the next attempt to misrepresent the facts will be better than the first two?

Or you could just stop with the BS.

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sigh.... your story is still complete bullshit.   

Francona had his contract extended Feb 24th 2008 to managed though 2013 (three years and two options). Mike Scioscia was resigned in January of 2009.   Francona was cut loose after 2012 and the Chicken and Beer incicdent.

Perhaps the next attempt to misrepresent the facts will be better than the first two?

Or you could just stop with the BS.

There was a lot of talk about who could take over for Scioscia when his contract was up, and Tito was talked about A LOT as a possibility. There were countless threads here and on the other board about who could take over...and I'm not making that up.

Why you people need to hurl personal insults is a good question.

But that aside...lets talk managers. People here laugh at Dusty Baker, and he's one of my least favorite managers, ranking far below, IMO.. Mike Scioscia.

You know what the difference between those two managers is? Mike has a ring, and Mike has a ring because Mike was lucky enough to get to face Dusty Baker in a WS. I seriously doubt that anyone would rejoice at the decision to bring Dusty Baker here, but the two, Mike and Dusty, are basically clones.

Dusty lost a couple of jobs, while Mike kept his...but one of the teams that let Dusty go won 3 WS in 5 years with not much more than a better manager.

6 minutes ago, ukyah said:

has anyone pointed out that the city of cleveland is threatening to win two championships in the same year? personally, i think that would be pretty cool, but the cubs winning would be historic.

My buddy from Cleveland and I were talking about just that -- and yeah -- to go that long without and then possibly get two would be a pretty awesome story.   A little like Pittsburgh in 1979.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

Why do YOU feel the need to lie, lie again, and then when called to the mat for the BS try to make it a case of others hurling insults.    If asking you to cut the BS is an insult then I'd like to double down -- maybe throw in a swear word or two.

I'm taking a tone with you because you completely made up a situation that never happened..  NEVER......  apparently for no other reason that to TRY to thump your chest on a message board.  This isn't the first time one of your chest thumping recollections has been proven to be completely false so your continuing to try to massage the facts is just annoying.   

At best you have a foggy recollection of reality, at worst you flat out tried to lie.   Regardless ... you tried to put yourself above others by making up the story about everyone talking about chicken and beer while you championed signing Tito, so stop trying to act like people are being mean to you.  You got popped talking out your ass -- just let it go.

4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

There was a lot of talk about who could take over for Scioscia when his contract was up, and Tito was talked about A LOT as a possibility. There were countless threads here and on the other board about who could take over...and I'm not making that up.

But that aside...lets talk managers. People here laugh at Dusty Baker, and he's one of my least favorite managers, ranking far below, IMO.. Mike Scioscia.

You know what the difference between those two managers is? Mike has a ring, and Mike has a ring because Mike was lucky enough to get to face Dusty Baker in a WS. I seriously doubt that anyone would rejoice at the decision to bring Dusty Baker here, but the two, Mike and Dusty, are basically clones.

Dusty lost a couple of jobs, while Mike kept his...but one of the teams that let Dusty go won 3 WS in 5 years with not much more than a better manager.

'HEY LOOK!! A SHINY NICKLE!'

What most of the Scioscia haters don't realize is that the rest of us are generally luke warm on him.  We generally aren't defending Mike as a manager as much as we are defending the use of facts and reason that seem to elude those with the the MS hate boner.  

We get it.  You don't like him.  You'd like to see him replaced.  But how about just playing the opinion card instead of trying to get the rest of us to grab a pitch fork?

No offense, but one of the main things that those who cast stones at him are lacking is a greater understanding of how pretty much every other manager in baseball does their job on a very specific basis.  Watch an entire season's worth of games managed by the guys you think are better.  I think you'll find way more parallels than not.