• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I think he had a better year then Trout. The Astros won ten more games then the Angels.

José Altuve .338/.396/.531/.928 - 24 HR - 96 RBI - 30 SB, 10 CS - 108 R

Mike Trout .315/.441/.550/.991 - 29HR - 100 RBI - 30 SB, 7 CS - 123 R

José Altuve 640 AB - 216 H - 60 BB - 70 SO -  154 OPS+ - 7.7 WAR

Mike Trout 549 AB - 173 H - 116 BB - 137 SO - 174 OPS+ - 10.6 WAR

How can you think Altuve had a better year?

I'm really confused by the people in this thread bashing Roberts for having Blanton in. As strange as it is, Blanton was really good this year and was the Dodgers' second best reliever. Using your second best reliever in the eighth inning of a tied game is hardly an unreasonable thing to do. It wasn't dumb to have Blanton in, he just had a shit outing. 

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

José Altuve .338/.396/.531/.928 - 24 HR - 96 RBI - 30 SB, 10 CS - 108 R

Mike Trout .315/.441/.550/.991 - 29HR - 100 RBI - 30 SB, 7 CS - 123 R

José Altuve 640 AB - 216 H - 60 BB - 70 SO -  154 OPS+ - 7.7 WAR

Mike Trout 549 AB - 173 H - 116 BB - 137 SO - 174 OPS+ - 10.6 WAR

How can you think Altuve had a better year?

Because he's a f'n idiot.

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

You aren't thinking about win-wins, only wins.  Altuve is a win-win guy, not a win guy.  He probably also beats Trout in win-win-win.  He's 5'6, too, but you don't get that because of the metric system.  You see him as a 1.7 Meter win guy, when he's a 5'6 win-win guy. I'm not even considering his win-win-win.

What's his WWWAR?

6 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Astros center fielder isn't bad, the Angels sucked at second base. I think the Angels would have won more games. Not sure about the Astros.

You aren't really serious are you?  I mean you can't possibly be serious.  Using your logic then absolutely yes the Angels win less games with Altuve, since without Trout Gentry or Nick Buss is their everyday center fielder with Altuve at 2nd.

9 hours ago, Oz27 said:

I'm really confused by the people in this thread bashing Roberts for having Blanton in. As strange as it is, Blanton was really good this year and was the Dodgers' second best reliever. Using your second best reliever in the eighth inning of a tied game is hardly an unreasonable thing to do. It wasn't dumb to have Blanton in, he just had a shit outing. 

Especially since the lefty warming up in the bullpen, Dayton, was lit up in his previous outing.

But that 0-2 pitch right down the heart of the plate, with two outs...you just don't do that, ever.

37 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Trout is the best player in baseball, but good center fielders are dime a dozen.  I can't  give him the MVP.

The American League had 5 CFs with a WAR over 3.0.  Trout was first at 10.6.   The next closest was Kevin Kiermaier at 5.5.  

The American League had 5 2B with a WAR over  5.6.   Atuve was first at 7.7.  The next closest was Robinson Cano at 7.3.   Brian Dozier 6.5, Ian Kinsler 6.1, and Dustin Pedroia 5.6, all had better WARs than the second best CF.

As always .... your argument is rock solid.