• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

13 minutes ago, ukyah said:

question: why are you so emotionally invested in the kershaw/playoffs narrative?

I just enjoy seeing stupid narratives die. Similarly I would like to see home run hitting teams do well in the playoffs to kill the "you win in October by playing small ball" argument too.

50 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

This thread isn't as fun without caliangel giving us his live, in depth analysis 

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

I missed the outrage 

Sorry fellas, had to work, nice to know I'm missed. 

Still can't believe the Cubbies came back. Remarkable. 

Please Nats, beat los Doyers, then these Playoffs will be perfect. 

Cubbies/Indians would be such a cool World Series. 

19 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

No point in getting worked up over it. Numbers are numbers and the fact is that he hasn't pitched all that well in the playoffs. Unlucky, coincidence, folding...who knows what it is. But his playoff numbers are not very good. Until he pitches like Kershaw, the talks are going to continue and it's just the way it is.

His advanced playoff numbers look ok, but his ERA is pretty bad. I just find it kind of funny because I'm waiting for the break out performance and it just hasn't happened, for whatever reason. Personally, I just want the dodgers to lose. I couldn't care about what numbers Kershaw puts up. It was unlucky for him that those runs scored, but he allowed those base runners, and that's baseball.

I know, I just get frustrated by some of the silly narratives surrounding him. This is a pretty good summary of how I feel about it (although it doesn't mention that he probably shouldn't even have started the 7th inning) - https://theringer.com/clayton-kershaw-october-luck-los-angeles-dodgers-2016-mlb-playoffs-4969800e9610#.ykn4nqqor

9 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Three of which scored after he left the game, following an inning in which he should never have been in the game for.

But building false narratives is fun, right?

He left the bases loaded. Had any angels pitcher done that you wouldn't squak but since your sacred cow couldn't come up big in the playoffs again it is somehow justifiable. 

9 hours ago, Oz27 said:

I just enjoy seeing stupid narratives die. Similarly I would like to see home run hitting teams do well in the playoffs to kill the "you win in October by playing small ball" argument too.

Home runs are RBI and you are the first to tell everyone those are meaningless stats. 

Roberts left Kershaw in because he's the ace and has the most confidence in the high-leverage situation. It's easy to look back and say he shouldn't have been in there. Kershaw left the bases loaded because he was trying to be too fine and he didn't get the calls.

Bringing Baez in with bases loaded was just too much pressure, he choked.

10 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Lackey is heading into his 6th Championship Series. He's in his 9th post season, and could be headed to his 3rd WS.

Not bad.

Plus he's closing in on the 100 million dollar mark for his career, and he's never been the ace of any staff that I can remember.

Wasn't he the Angels "ace" from like 07-09?

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Could be I guess, although I pretty much considered Weaver the 'ace' by his sophomore season, and i think Colon was still here at that time,too..probably sucking by then. 

Yeah used the Ace term loosely there. I think Weaver had already surpassed him in 09 but thought he was considered the vet/"ace" starter of the staff.