• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Playoff Predictions Thread

Homebrewer

I want the Giants to win just to keep the even year thing alive and to piss off all my Dodger friends.

Ok, I'll be honest, I want the Cubs to win because I think it would be fucking cool and they've been dry for over a century. Could you imagine the Angels' in that situation? I have sympathy. 

I think the Cubs match up too well with the Giants and have too much pitching. Giants are vulnerable to lefties, which favors Lester and Chapman. Cubs are also one of the best hitting club in the NL against lefties. Statistically, on Fangraphs, Cubs have edges in nearly every category. One that is especially important, given that 3 of 5 games might be in Wrigley, is the big Cubs edge in HRs. 

I think Dodger pitching will subdue Nats hitting, especially the Dodgers bullpen.

Boston and Cleveland might be a slugfest. I dont see any staff holding the Sox down and the Indians have lost some good starters. Boston wins this.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:52 PM, Blarg said:

It will be funny as hell when the San Fransisco MadBums defeat the Cubs to send all of their fans into a frenzy.

On 10/5/2016 at 10:39 PM, Stradling said:

That would be not only the definition of baseball but the definition of the Cubs franchise.  

While the games have been really good in this post season so far, the broadcasts have been really bad. I'm wondering who is going to step up and become the premier baseball broadcasting team, or if we are in for a long, painful, slog through the wasteland of the crap we're enduring right now.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

While the games have been really good in this post season so far, the broadcasts have been really bad. I'm wondering who is going to step up and become the premier baseball broadcasting team, or if we are in for a long, painful, slog through the wasteland of the crap we're enduring right now.

You didn't enjoy hearing Bob Costas talk about his dinner reservation at a crucial time of an elimination playoff game then?

But yeah, TBS especially has been brutal.

Twice has someone been interviewing a player of coach in the dugout when a crucial hit happened. At least twice I can remember, probably more. One was the Cubs relief pitcher hitting a HR. 'Well, these a double....no actually it was a homerun"...and then went right on talking over the game.

And yes TBS is completely suck-ass...but Fox has been just about equal in suckatude.

40 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cubs fan has to hope that this was just one of those bad offensive seasons for Heyward.   Otherwise, that is one poor contract, although he can contribute to winning games with his defense and they have plenty of offense.  

At this point in the season, if I'm Maddon he is only used as a late defensive replacement or a baserunner. he's still lost at the plate.. Even though he managed to score the winning run last game, he was only on base because of an error by Crawford. Even his bunt was bad, could have and should have been a DP.