• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Final Thoughts

You new guys (and gals) don't know it, but around here there's what is known as the "Lifetime" award. I've been in the running for it in years past, but somehow I've never won...and this has been an off year where I don't expect an special recognition.

It isn't given out every year, but some years there are multiple winners. The nomination process is secret and votes are held in private. Some winners are remembered,some are forgotten.

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Shoemaker almost gets killed on the mound and gets the Adenhart award. Not sure what to think of that. 

Shows you that the difference to continue on in this world can sometimes be decided by inches.  I hope Shoemaker makes the most of his second chance, one that Nick Adenhart didn't get.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

You new guys (and gals) don't know it, but around here there's what is known as the "Lifetime" award. I've been in the running for it in years past, but somehow I've never won...and this has been an off year where I don't expect an special recognition.

It isn't given out every year, but some years there are multiple winners. The nomination process is secret and votes are held in private. Some winners are remembered,some are forgotten.

All the winners of the "Lifetime" award are banned. 

10 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

You were up for the WayBackMan award in years passed, but this year you were solid.  

I nominate myself for the Most Disappointing Venter award.     Then again, a combination of turning 60 soon, 2016 being a rebuild season, and Arte staying clear of anymore Hackilton type signings probably accounted for that.    Not much to truly vent about, other than UCL's and dehydration, given the circumstances