• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Just a reminder, Vin Scully's last game is on right now

10 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I was never a Dodger fan but I can relate to their fans and how they feel about Vin. I never really got over Chick Hearn being gone and to this day it's strange to listen or watch the Lakers without him.

As local fans, we were spoiled for awhile. When i was a kid, the angels never made it, but had star power. The dodgers won the series. The lakers were a dynasty. The rams sucked, but dickerson was cool. Gretzky was the man. The raiders won a super bowl, and gave us bo jackson and marcus allen.

And the lakers and dodgers gave us hearn and scully. 

Now, of all that, only the dodgers are good....literally the shittiest way that could have gone, with all those options.

last weekend was also Dick Enberg's final broadcast (for the Padres) not sure if he was on this weekend's broadcasts for the Padres or not -- if so, it was his last game today as well.

once in the shadow of Scully, always in the shadow I guess.......but Enberg would be the first to say Scully was the best all time.

Jon Miller did a nice tribute on the SF broadcast side today.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As local fans, we were spoiled for awhile. When i was a kid, the angels never made it, but had star power. The dodgers won the series. The lakers were a dynasty. The rams sucked, but dickerson was cool. Gretzky was the man. The raiders won a super bowl, and gave us bo jackson and marcus allen.

Now, of all that, only the dodgers are good....literally the shittiest way that could have gone, with all those options.

Well, the Rams are 3-1. Their defense has really stepped up after that opening disaster with the 49ers.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I like that scully said he grew up a diehard giants fan. Something to troll my dodger buddies with

It's funny because I have Dodger buddies who are pissed that the Dodgers lost in Vin's final game. But if anything, it's kind of fitting that they would lose to his favorite team growing up.

4 hours ago, TooCool said:

It's funny because I have Dodger buddies who are pissed that the Dodgers lost in Vin's final game. But if anything, it's kind of fitting that they would lose to his favorite team growing up.

They won in dramatic fashion in his last game at Dodger stadium. That's more important.  Besides, the Cardinals own the Dodgers in the playoffs so fans should be happy the Giants won and kept the Cards out.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

image.jpeg

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

They won in dramatic fashion in his last game at Dodger stadium. That's more important.  Besides, the Cardinals own the Dodgers in the playoffs so fans should be happy the Giants won and kept the Cards out.

dodgers fan don't agree. I have friends who thought it sucked that his last call was the Giants making the playoffs and heading to NY

i chuckled 

Enberg did his final broadcast yesterday, also, calling the Padres game in Arizona. It's a sad day that both he and Scully are now finished.

vin's strength was that he was such a good storyteller and always made fans feel like he was one of them. Like others here I wasn't a dodgers fan but I greatly enjoyed listening to vin call a game. We'll never hear anyone better.

but in that light, Enberg was my favorite because he was every bit as good as Vinny, plus his was the voice of my favorite team. Enberg could have talked about how to bag your kitchen trash and drop it in the can and made it sound like he was calling the ninth inning of game seven.

On October 3, 2016 at 2:17 PM, beatlesrule said:

I was texting some of my Dodger friends during the game and they were glad the Cards weren't going to the playoffs.  Didn't seem to care the Giants won.

Ha. you fell for that line of bullsh*t? That's like me saying:"I'm glad the Stanford isn't going to college football playoffs. I don't care that southern cal is" after watching them win 3 titles in the last 6 years 

Edited by Lou

well, I don't think the rest of the playoff teams are happy about the SF Giants making it IN...the Giants have a good playoff rotation and will be a tough playoff team.

the Cardinals -- who do own the Dodgers in the playoffs -- are rotation challenged and have not played like a playoff team the past several weeks.

The SF GIants have had a terrible second half of the season (Worst second half record in MLB I think) but they have rebounded the past several weeks.

The young SF Giants starters have also stepped up in recent days -- on top of all that - it's an EVEN year........who won the World Series in 2010, 2012 and 2014?