• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jered Weaver: "I am definitely NOT retiring."

Richard

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

4-10 is the issue if Richards is healthy.  A couple of 1yr deals and it's a capable rotation.  Maybe not good, but adding a 2bman and LFer as well as a couple of pen arms and it's not a total lost cause health permitting.  

Well we were in this exact spot last offseason with a significantly deeper FA pool and we all know how that turned out.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Listen, you've trolled Oz long enough unchecked, now you're attributing opinions to him he never had, just to troll him some more.  You've been asked both publicly and through PM to stop trolling him.  The choice is yours TD.  

Maybe you should read my apology post before you blow a gasket .

Just now, Stradling said:

Richards, Skaggs, Shoe are all question marks heading into next season as is Meyers.  Smith has never pitched in the majors, Ober is awful, Kendrick and Wilson didn't pitch in the majors this year.  

And Weaver isn't going to have any impact on the season if Richards, Skaggs, and Shoe all have issues so I don't really see the point. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I did then you became a prick again.  When a simple, "yea sorry about that" post would suffice.  Instead you became you again.  

Yea you're right ... that was a awful thing for me to say. I sincerely hope you can forgive me Strad and Oz.

btw Weaver sucks balls 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

He's clearly done, but no we don't have enough better in house options.  I'd much rather go into next season with Weaver as our number 5 or long man out of the pen than Daniel Wright.  We have no idea if Richards will be back.  Seriously who are our five better in house options for next year?  And don't forget it takes about ten starters to make it through a season. I'd offer him 1 year and $6 million or so.  How many starts did he miss this year, one?  

wait a minute....

"He's clearly done,..."

You should have ended your comment there. You readily admit that he is done, finished, fini, fertig, finito - then you advocate for bringing him back?  How is that good move? Why do we want players who are "done" on our roster? 

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

wait a minute....

"He's clearly done,..."

You should have ended your comment there. You readily admit that he is done, finished, fini, fertig, finito - then you advocate for bringing him back?  How is that good move? Why do we want players who are "done" on our roster? 

And pay $6 million for the privilege...

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Richards, Skaggs, Shoemaker, Nolasco, Meyer, Chacin, Wright, Oberholtzer, Smith, Kendrick, Wilson?

Weaver would probably be 6th on the depth chart there. I don't think having him makes a huge difference either way. We have plenty of depth. It's just shitty depth. Weaver just packs the shit a little deeper.

Homophobe

2 hours ago, Lou said:

wait a minute....

"He's clearly done,..."

When the internal options are a bunch of injured guys, Ober, Wright, Kendrick and pitchers who've never had major league success.  He wasn't good this year, but he made all of his starts and improved throughout the year. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

When the internal options are a bunch of injured guys, Ober, Wright, Kendrick and pitchers who've never had major league success.  He wasn't good this year, but he made all of his starts and improved throughout the year. 

This aint no presidential election. "Sucks the least" is setting the bar too low. Let the new GM do his thing.

I'd like them to bring him back if it's super cheap. If he signs for $1 or $2 million what is the harm? If you need to cut him then you can if you've found a better option. But as long as this team isn't going to be very good next season I'd rather be bad with Weaver than bad with any number of random stop gaps.

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Jered spends the offseason getting in shape, working out his lower body, adding some muscle I could see him adding as much as 3 or 4 mph to his fastball, which would easily make him an effective mid rotation starter. The question has to be about his motivation to put in that extra work, and just how much it will pay off.

If he did everything you have described it would be the first time in his career to make the commitment to be in top physical shape. 

Bottom line is Weaver was the worst SP in the league. The worst. 

Think Mathis-like. There is no argument you can make that he is a viable option for the rotation. 

his fastball averaged 83 mph. That's high school in New Mexico level. Only one pitcher was slower. Knuckleballer RA Dickey @ 82.3 mph

2 minutes ago, joeybaseball said:

Jered is worth more to the club than just stats.His presence on the team gives others a winning-never-give-up attitude that can be infectious. He's a warrior. His second half had many better games than the first, when his fastball ticked up a notch.

How could it be bad to give him an incentive -laid contract? 

At this point it's hard to see Weav being part of the next Angels contender so why not try to find useful arms? And what makes you think he'd accept an incentive laden contract?

Jered's ERA from 2011 to 2016:

2.41, 2.81, 3.27, 3.59, 4.64, 5.06

That's a pretty clear trajectory. Does Jered not realize this?

A few weeks ago I said the Angels should offer to bring him back for a one year, few million dollar contract. I'm backing off that opinion. He's really toast - the definition of a replacement level pitcher. If he'll take a league minimum contract with incentives, sure, why not? But he probably thinks he's still worth much more than that.

Also, what happens when he no longer has the Angels stadium to better his stats? His ERA was 4.67 at home, 5.54 away. Pitching in a bandbox like Texas could see his ERA jump over 6.00.

i'm sick with the idea of a bad player being a leader in the clubhouse.

men are led by examples, and not by motivational speakers.

just think about you own workplace. you respond to the dude that has success and works hard. when's the last time someone responded to a staff meeting rah rah session?